“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, February 15, 2013

You have entrusted me

Sheila and I!
It was a warm and sunny walk to work today, I enjoyed every second of it! The flowers on the trees were blooming and I could smell the lovely aroma the whole way down the big hill. When I arrived at the orphanage I got to say hello to all of the little kids at the playground before heading up to the school to work. They are always so excited to see people and it's fun when each of them greets me! I tied up all the loose ends at school, then got to spend the rest of the day with a bunch of the kids. We went down to the basketball/soccer field with a few Tias, I got to play 3 on 3 basketball and hang out with all the kiddos. It has been great getting to spend time with them throughout this school break. This time off of school has really given me the opportunity to get to know them better and see them outside of the classroom. In the afternoon there was a rather large thunderstorm, so I set up games for the older kids. Games were a hit with all of the children, some children were creative and made their own versions of games too. "The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.’ “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’" - Matthew 25:20&21. God has blessed each of us with different gifts, talents, and strengths to use for good. We are all created to use these talents to the fullest and multiply what we have been given by sharing these gifts with others. After resting up for an hour Cheralyn and I went out to supper at Johnny's. The food was great and I got to watch the sunset over the mountains, it was a bit cloudy but still incredible! We sat there for a long time and had a great conversation about life and what God has been doing, the Lord is good. When we were all done it was time for some grocery shopping and random errands around town. Then it was time for a relaxing evening watching a movie before I head off to Papallacta in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment