“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tu eres mi respirar

"Tu eres mi respirar, Dios tu presencia vive en mi" (You are my breath, God I live in your presence) were the lyrics to a songs sung before and after the message in church this morning. It is a translation of "Breathe" by Michael W. Smith, and I like it! I have really enjoyed going to this church and appreciate hearing a song almost every week that is a translation of a song in English I am familiar with. When church was finished I took a little nap before going out to lunch at Vista Hermosa with the team. I had a yummy chicken platter with the best french fries I have ever eaten. When I was all finished there were some fried fish fins left over, so decided to give one a try! I was told it tasted like chips and I would have to say chips are a good thing to compare them to, they were crunchy, salty, and greasy. I won't be eating them all the time, but I am glad I tried it and have to admit it was pretty good. After lunch Cheralyn and I took the team up to Casa de Fe to hang out with the kids for the afternoon. Talia ended up spraining her ankle and was pretty shaken up, we took her to the hospital to make sure everything was alright. I stayed with her and Geidi at the hospital, it was hard to see her hurting and I just wanted to be there to care for  her. When I was going through all of the appointments and tests after tearing my ACL my family was there to take care of me. That hard time for me painted a beautiful picture of the unconditional love my parents have for me and the even greater love of my Father in Heaven. I was glad to be there to support her in a moment of hurt and uncertainty. The Lord answered my prayers for her health, and we were able to be in & out of the hospital rather quickly! After getting her into the car with Jeff I walked back to the orphanage to rejoin the team for a little bit. On my way back I was thankful
Joel and I on the bike trail!
for the ability to walk from place to place, I really do love being outside and getting where I need to be by walking. As I ventured back I was thinking about how many people there are in the world, and how I am just one person. Although I am only one person on this earth for a short amount of time, I know when I serve others with all I have I can make a difference in this crazy world. All big things started somewhere and although it may be hard to pinpoint, there was a small moment or little incidents that created the moment. I had some time to eat and rest before going up to the Martin's for prayer. It  was another wonderful evening of fellowship and worship, one of the songs we sang was Shane and Shane "Yearn". It is an incredible song, some of the lyrics are: Holy design, this place in time, that I might seek and find my God, My God. Lord, I want to yearn for You, I want to burn with passion, over You and only You. It is really powerful and I recommend listening to it on YouTube. When prayer was all over Cheralyn, Kelcy, and I enjoyed eating ice cream and popcorn while having a wonderful discussion about life!

No comments:

Post a Comment