“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, February 23, 2013

Seek first His kingdom

Precious Jhan after the brunch!
I woke up this morning with this scripture from Matthew 6:25-34 in my head, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." The last two verses about seeking God's kingdom first and not worrying about tomorrow are the ones that were specifically on my mind, but it is such a good passage I included it all. I am so thankful for where the Lord has brought me at this very moment, but sometimes (like last night) I begin to wonder where He is leading me next. At this point in my life God has been teaching me to let go of the plans I made in order to follow Him and seek His plan with my whole heart. Although it is not easy for me, I was challenged by the scripture this morning to focus on the beautiful moment that I am in. The Concordia women hosted a brunch for the
The girls with their dolls.
missionaries in Shell and it was incredible. We came together for a nice breakfast of bagels, fruit, and coffee, followed by a time of sharing how God lead us here. Each missionary took a turn sharing how they took a step of faith and followed His calling here which was powerful. I was encouraged by the stories of the women here, and cried a little when I was sharing how the Lord lead me here! It was the first time I had really formally shared how faithful God was in the process, how much I care for kids with extra needs, and how my desire to serve these kids is an incredible match with the children at Casa de Fe! Speaking of Casa de Fe, Cheralyn and I lead a tour of the grounds this afternoon before I joined some of the girls to play. They were playing Barbies and wanted me to join them. They showed me all of their dolls and told me what their names were, it was cute to see how each girl had a special area for their doll. After hanging out there for a while I went over to the Freeman's to bake with Stephanie and the girls! We had a great afternoon hanging out and making tasty treats. The first desserts were peppermint patties and the second were chocolate covered coconut mixtures! In the evening Cheralyn and I met up with Kelcy to walk over to Shari's house. The night consisted of supper followed by games and a movie. We had an intense game of "Mafia" going which was awesome since we had such a large group of people to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment