“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Por el gozo de Dios


The pretty flowers a student picked for me.
I had a great start to my day by reading Mark 11:22-24,“'Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.'” Stop and think about this for a minute, through prayer we have the power to move mountains! In the name of Jesus, God's perfect son, we can do things we could have never dreamed on our own. I don't know about you, but this makes me really excited to see how God continues to answer prayers in my life, He has anlready answered many in ways far exceeding my expectations. It was a nice calm morning at school, so I was able to go around to the classrooms and bathrooms and refill supplies before teaching. The first class I taught for the day was gym, I am the assistant P.E. teacher with Adrianne at Casa de Fe. She is very kind and I have enjoyed getting to know and work along side her. The combined second and third grade class did some running drills at the beginning of class. I was helping Martin do a fast walk with the class and I got a good workout! We took a lap around the yard and he wanted to do another one like the other kids which surprised me at first, but I was happy he wanted to. It turns out he wanted to go on a little frog hunt half way through the lap, but it got him moving. He was able to see and catch two of the smallest frogs I have ever seen, I was impressed...but it made the rest of the lap quite difficult with me holding him up and him holding a frog in each hand. For the fourth grade class we went down to the "cancha" again to play
Cake to celebrate her birthday!
soccer, this time around they wanted me to play outside of the goal. It was boys against girls and it was fun, playing soccer with the kids was definitely something I was looking forward to here! On the way back up to the school Caila picked me a very lovely bouquet of flowers. She seems to like to pick me flowers and today's were beautiful, I even got a little vase type container to put them in. When we got back it was time to help Martin get to lunch, because it is so rocky he has a hard time getting from the school to the house. I have the privilege of helping him work on getting from one to the other. Him and I are setting goals each day to get a little closer to the house with him walking. He is a strong guy and works hard, but sometimes he needs a little motivation, so I have picked out landmarks on the way to help him see where he is trying to get each day. It was Fabiola's birthday, so during lunch we sang and ate ice cream cake! When lunch was done I was off to my English class and I had another great day teaching. After class and library time were over it was time for Bible Club. The couple who runs it is so sweet and I look forward to seeing them each week. We sang more awesome song like "Por el gozo de Dios" (For the joy of the Lord), the Spanish version of one of my favorite camp songs! It goes a little something like this, "I'm trading my sorrows. I'm trading my shame. I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord. I'm trading my sickness. I'm trading my pain. I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord." When it was all done I walked home with just enough time to make supper for myself before taking the girls to Zumba with Cheralyn! It was fun to see them dancing around and giggling, they are energetic young ladies and it's a great opportunity for them to be involved in the community. We took a taxi back to the orphanage to drop the girls off and the moon and stars were peaking through the clouds, it was magical! I love being outside under the stars and the fresh air blowing in my face while I was looking up at the sky was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment