“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, February 21, 2013

Healed by His wounds


I had a nice slow morning, because I go in to work late every Thursday. I started by doing laundry and dishes after eating my strawberry (Rice Krispies type) cereal for breakfast. I didn't teach until 11:35 today, so I was able to get some chores done before heading to work. When I got to school it was another good day with the kids. We made some paper airplanes and tested how they flew, all of them really enjoyed this activity. Then it was time for gym class, the oldest girls are starting a gymnastics unit. They chose a partner and are creating an aerobic routine, I would have loved this when I was their age since I was dancing all the time...honestly part of me wanted to make one up too! When gym was over it was already time for lunch. English class went well again today and I enjoy getting to work with the girls each day. They always stagger in at different times after
Duvi and I, with some classic bunny ears!
lunch, so it is nice getting to chat with a different girl each day. It is those short periods of time before class that I am getting to see their personalities which is great! After school enrichment was quiet today, but we got to play with a LeapFrog book reader. Unfortunately the batteries were dying, but thanks to the handy dandy trick of shaking batteries to make them last a bit longer they were able to play with it! I was pretty happy about the batteries, I just learned about the shaking trick earlier this year, and I got to listen to Bible stories on the LeapFrog because of it. I went down to hang out with the kids at the house for a little while before heading home to get some more things done. I started by baking cookies for Paola's birthday tomorrow and to share with the teachers. While I was subbing in Moorhead there were treats every Friday and it was always a perk for subbing then, I hope the teachers here enjoy a treat. I also am stitching up my shoes, they had a couple of little holes when I left, but they have grown since being in Ecuador and I needed to take care of it. I tested my shoe repair when Cheralyn and I went out to supper, it seems to be holding up well! It seemed like everybody decided to go out to eat at Johnny's tonight, so it was fun seeing a ton of people that I knew walking through the restaurant. We ended up joining Rick and Rebekah for supper which was great. We enjoyed playing the "Ungame" which is basically a bunch of get to know you questions, and it was a great way to learn more about my friends. It ended up being a long evening out to eat, so it was time to read and get ready for bed by the time I got home. 1 Peter 2:21-26, "To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls." God's power to heal every area of our lives continues to be brought before me and is a constant reassurance for me! The Lord will heal every physical, mental, and emotional area of our lives when we give Him control...not as much control as we want to or are comfortable with, but COMPLETE control. He is always faithful!


No comments:

Post a Comment