“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Glorify God

Snack time at the park.
When I got up to the school, the first thing I did was gather all of the art supplies to make key chains. Once I had it ready, I was started heading down to the house, but a bunch of the kids and Tias were off to a soccer field/basketball court so I went with them. It was entertaining to see them all running around playing games on and off the court. If I would try to sit down to take a break there would be a group of kids surrounding me wanting me to stand up and join them. One little girl wanted me to walk around a tree with her and that is exactly what we did, I love how easily entertained kids are! It is truly beautiful how kids see people and the world around them, I strive to have a heart that loves as freely and forgives as quickly as children. After I was there for a while it was time to get back to work, so I hiked back up the hill to the school and spent time preparing for school. When it came close to noon, I went down to meet up with the volunteer team and ventured to Alexander's for lunch. It was off to a good start with popcorn for my soup, it really is a great combo! It was another nice time of sharing stories with the team members and getting to know them better. It started raining hard while we were eating, but Jeff brought the truck by so we got a ride back up to the orphanage. At last it was time for arts and
Tati with her key chain!
crafts with the kids. They learned very quickly and loved working with the beads! I was so impressed with how crerative they are and how unique each of the key chains turned out. The transition from crafts to coloring their bible pages was not very smooth...it was rather chaotic to be completely honest. Since the other teachers were gone the school was locked up and I didn't have any keys, I was able to track some down and get them settled in eventually though! I am relieved to say I had volunteers from the team to help me get it all sorted out. After coloring we got all the youngsters loaded in to the vehicle and were off to Bible Club. It is a great opportunity for the kids to learn about God and for me to learn more about how to communicate who Christ is in Spanish. I am officially adjusting to being in Ecuador, because when I was counting to make sure all of the kids were in the car to get back I started counting in Spanish! I was surprised and really quite excited! I was exhausted after getting them all back to the house, but  decided to walk back to my house. The mountains were marvelous off in the distance and I didn't want to miss this opportunity to soak in the scenery. It was incredibly pretty and I enjoyed
The mountains in the distance!
having time to unwind on my walk. There were times today I found myself trying to control events that I need to let God take care of, becasue I cannot do anything good big OR small without His help! James 4:14-15 says, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.'" There were a couple things today that reminded me how short our time here on earth is and how quickly things around us can change. It is my prayer that we may all embrace every second we are given and use the time we're given to Glorify God. I met up with the Cheralyn, the Freeman's, and the volunteer team for supper and Johnny's tonight. I got an excellent burger with everything on it, and dessert came shortly after when I stopped at the market for some ice cream. I am grateful for my lovely family and getting to Skype with all of them tonight :)It is time for bedtime since it has been a long and busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment