“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blessed are those

 


It's been raining all afternoon, but it is
relaxing to listen to and watch!
It was a beautiful morning at church today and I am beginning to understand more! I wasn't able to follow very much of the message, however, I do know it was focused around our heart condition. When I say it like that it seems rather vague and simple, but the message was about our hearts being fixed on God. One of the readings we looked at was Matthew 5:1-12, "Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him and he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." There are certain  things in life that I question how it could be blessed, but this scripture looks straight to the creator in all situations and He fulfills each need. Through every circumstance that life will lead me through, God provides comfort and reassurance. After church it was time for a late breakfast, I made some microwaved omelets...sounds weird, but they turned out very well. I was pretty tired so I turned on some "Needtobreathe" music and worked on a photo book before napping. I wanted to make sure I was well rested for frisbee this afternoon. When I woke up I had time for a late lunch, then it was off to the field. Since it was so rainy there weren't very many of us, but it was great playing in the rain! There were times it was hard to see and there were puddles all over the field, but it rains here a lot and playing in the rain can be fun! By the time I got back to the house it was getting close to prayer and worship time with the Casa de Fe staff, so I made the trip upstairs for a great evening of fellowship. It is a wonderful way to start the week and I am thankful to work with this team!

No comments:

Post a Comment