“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, February 18, 2013

Renewed day by day

Classes started up again and it was a busy day at Casa de Fe! I was in awe this morning as a 4 year old girl comforted her friend who was crying during chapel. She took her hand and held it until she calmed down, the compassion shown in this gesture was touched my heart. There are simple acts every day that reveal more of the Lord's love in this place, and it is incredible to experience. As always the gym classes today were filled with adventure, especially the class with the smallest kiddos who like to run in all different directions! We got to go down to the "cancha" the covered basketball court/soccer field with the oldest class to play some soccer. I was the goalie which reminded me of the good ol' days of being on a traveling soccer team. For lunch I had a small celebration feast with the teachers, before teaching English. It was the first day I had my own class and I loved it! It was great to see how they responded to me being their teacher and I gained a greater understanding of where they are at. I have a great group of girls to work with and I look forward to the days to come. I help one of the girls in my class after school every day, she is behind the others and I know this extra time will help her catch up. She is a bright young lady who works hard,soon the light bulb will shine and it will all click! After school enrichment was good, but my knee was bothering me and I was distracted. I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." God is THE healer! I am created exactly as He planned, the Lord is taking care of me at all times, and my life has been shaped to be a light in every circumstance. Although there are times where I wonder why my body hurts and doesn't want to keep up with me, I know the Lord gives me opportunities in situations desirable and undesirable to work in wonderful ways. My prayer is that God may be given glory in every area of my life! I thank God for the incredible people I have encountered, He has placed you in my life for a purpose and I have been deeply blessed. I am amazed by His goodness and how He knows exactly who I am supposed to encounter, when I will encounter them, and how they will bless me! This evening I got to have dessert and watch a movie with some ladies. It was a nice way to wind down the day, I was thankful for a relaxing evening with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment