“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pray continually


My unofficial alarm clock!
This morning I was awake before my rooster alarm clock went off! I was reading at the front of the house and caught the rooster and a hen picking at garbage across the street. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” These verses are always important to recall and always seem to reveal new depth to me every time I read them. The Lord hears each and every plea, He is in control and faithful to answer. I have experienced His faithfulness to answer prayer and it is such a marvelous thing! I pray throughout the day, but I know there is more room for prayer in my life and it is my desire to sing God praises all day long without ceasing. I do not want my prayers to be selfish, but rather about furthering God's kingdom and giving Him glory. I was rather productive this morning with washing dishes, doing laundry, cleaning my room, and going to the market twice! After I was all done working I went for a stroll around town and ended up walking by a store on fire. The firefighters were just arriving at the scene as I was passing, but I could see the fire inside. I walked around town to get a better idea of where things are at and how to get there from where I live. I think it was a success! When I got back to the house Cheralyn and I thought it would be a good idea to bake, so we made a brownie mix and attempted to make plantain chips. Cheralyn took care of the brownies and I experimented with the plantain since it was my idea to try and make chips. They turned out really well, but the pan that I was using decided to peel off with the chips...so it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but I know I can make them now! Tandy, Cheralyn, and I concluded the evening with a girls night. We ordered pizza, had salad with homemade ranch, brownies, and delicious smoothies while watching movies! It was a nice and relaxing Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment