“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, February 25, 2013

Different gifts

I woke up a little sleepy this morning, because I didn't sleep very much this weekend, but there were so many fun things going on there was no time! Anyways, I made myself a nice iced coffee and I was good to go. For chapel this morning we introduced a new fruit of the Spirit, kindness. We presented a skit to the kids where a kind robot was being built. The kids enjoy watching short plays, so it was a great way for them to see how to treat others kind. Gym class with the two littlest groups consisted of a nature walk, the kids loved it! They enjoy being outside and when they are given an opportunity to explore their learning really thrives. The 4th grade class had velocity testing, so I got to watch them run as fast as they could and some of them are quick! The teachers made a delicious bean, onion, and carrot salad to accompany the rice for lunch, then I was off to English class. Today was a lot different in class, because one of the kids in the family of four that just joined Casa de Fe is in my class now. She is a kind young lady, but doesn't know any English, so my Spanish was put to the test! With some help of the other students I taught most of the class in both languages to help her follow along. It was a good challenge for me and I hope to see her English blossom this year.
Nayeli and Tati playing house in the soccer nets!
I got to speak a lot of Spanish throughout the day which was awesome, I have learned so much since being here. I often doubt my ability to speak it, but today I spoke a lot! Library and after school time were pretty clam today. The beautiful sunshine this afternoon was a wonderful change of pace from last week, it was the second day of sun like this in a row! When I was saying goodbye to the kids at the house I saw Nayeli playing house in between two of the hockey nets and I had a flashback to my childhood immediately! It is crazy to think I used to do the exact same thing. It shows that no matter where children are, even if they are thousands of miles or years apart, kids will be kids! I love the simple and pure ability for children to be content in all circumstances. It was a hot walk back to my house since it was warm and sunny, and I was ready to take a short nap before going out to supper at Johnny's. Cheralyn, Kelcy, and I enjoyed the nice view of Shell's market street from the second floor seating at the restaurant. Johnny's has a lovely view of the park with the mountains in the background, it is wonderful! When we were all done we stopped by Alexander's market for ice cream and we walked around town. Kelcy knows a ton of people around town, so as we walked around I enjoyed getting to meet some of the local people. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6, "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men." I thank God for another good day in Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment