“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Simple joys

 
Martin with a huge smile on his face :)
When I got to the school today there were a series of random tasks for me to complete. Each one was important for planning and organization this year and year to come. I was able to finish everything on my list this morning which was a good feeling. I also got to spend time helping Martin walk with his cane. He isn't particularly fond of his cane, but when he uses it right it keeps him on his feet! He is such a tough little guy and it is a privilege to watch him work hard to achieve goals set before him. It was incredible to see how he didn't want to work at first, but his attitude totally turned around with positive reinforcement. It is seriously the cutest thing when he giggles, I told him he would have the biggest muscles here if he keeps working hard and then he showed me his strong arms! Martin's smile and laugh are priceless. I went in to town for lunch at Alexander's with the volunteer team and it was good. It's nice getting to know the team more and hear about their experience here at Casa de Fe. I enjoy getting to discover more of the town and places around too. When I got back it was time to tutor Evelyn in English, and she did awesome with the colors. I look forward to the day all of her English skills click and she understands it more fully. I didn't have much to get done for work the rest of the day, so I got to spend time hanging out with all the little ones! This included going on a walk with some of the kids with special needs, holding precious babies, and talking with the
Gilmar and I!
kiddos. When I was getting ready to leave I was asked to help organize stuff up in the storage room and I am so glad I stayed. I didn't feel like I was doing a whole lot, but I was an extra set of helping hands and I got to hang out with Stephanie and the older girls who were helping. I left pretty late, so when I went to say goodbye to the kids were out in the yard playing and Caila picked me a beautiful bouquet! It was such a sweet gesture from a kind young lady, to me her hand picked flowers were better than a dozen roses. It is the simple joys that make life beautiful! I thank God for the big and small ways I have been blessed here! I went straight from the orphanage to meet up with my friend Laura for ice cream. We walked around town and chatted, then sat at the park for a while. “Italy” was the restaurant selected for supper so Cheralyn and I went to pick up a pizza. We ate some Hawaiian pizza with delicious dipping sauce while watching another movie in Spanish. I also got to enjoy Mora yogurt that I froze, yep yep it was a great day here in Shell!



No comments:

Post a Comment