“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, February 7, 2013

New creation

"Little Evelyn" and I
As I was falling asleep last night and again this morning I have been thinking about what it means to be thankful. God has been teaching me about appreciating every experience, the ones that are good and the ones I see as bad. The Lord uses everything to draw us closer and sometimes it is those hardest moments that allow us to fully surrender to Him perfect plan. When something doesn't go how I want it to there is a choice to be made; I can choose to be upset about it or find the beauty in it. I choose to look for the beauty! Although there are times I feel like a detective having to search far and wide for the good, it is always worth it. I am thankful for what the Lord has brought me through, where He has me, and where He will continue to take me! His plan is perfect. The walk to the orphanage was bright and shiny today and I loved it, I like waking up to a sunny day. I was able to help another teacher prep for school this morning, spend time with the little kids, then help Martin practice walking with his cane. It was back to Alexander's for lunch again today, it started with soup, followed by fish with rice and beans, and a small chocolate bar for dessert. The walk there and back was pretty hot, since it was sunny all day up to this point. I went back up to the school to work for a while before it was time for an ice cream treat and singing with the kids. The volunteer group bought the snack for today and after they were done eating they sang a bunch of camp songs! It was fun to sing and many of the kids knew the songs! By this time the work day was about done, so I went up to the office to wait for the others to wrap up and talked for a while which was exactly what I needed. All I wanted to do was eat candy when I got to the house so that is what I did...by the time supper came around I wasn't hungry, but I wanted something salty after a bunch of sweet food so I made popcorn with garlic salt and I was good to go. This evening I read 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 which states, “So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” This is glorious, through Christ we are ALL a new creation. Each and every one of us is made free, pure, true, lovely, and whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment