“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, February 3, 2013

Divine plan

I live on the bottom floor of this house!
I always enjoy getting up before my alarm goes off and I did it again today! I had a lot of time to get ready for church and was excited to go. During the service I try to find a word or phrase I can figure out and focus on. “Damos honor a Ti” (we will honor You) were the lyrics in a song we sang and was marvelous. I want all that I do to reflect the love of Christ and this short phrase sums up that desire. I can only truly love people as I ought to when when I see them as God's beautiful children. On the walk back from church, Cheralyn and I stopped at a little bakery. We had time to lounge around before heading to Casa de Fe for a group lunch. The volunteer team provided burgers for everybody and needed some assistance preparing it, so I helped get the food ready. All of us at the gathering were able to have a nice meal and spend time with the kids. On the walk yesterday I showed a girl named Genesis how to stand on my feet so I can walk her around in a circle, it is something my dad used to do with me and I loved it. I taught her how to stand on my shoes so I would walk around in a circle with her and she loved it too, she liked it so much that she came up to me today wanting to do it again! Lunch was pretty late, so after cleaning up and hanging out with the kids for a while it was time to get ready for ultimate frisbee round two! I had a great time playing last week, but was more prepared because I had some practice this time around. It is awesome getting to see familiar faces and new people coming to join in the game. There wasn't much time, but I did have a short break and time for supper in between frisbee and staff prayer. I am SO thankful for this time of prayer each week, because it is a lovely time of worship, reflection, praise, and prayer! Tonight as we were worshiping I was in awe of the Lord's good plan for our lives. I know there will be great joys as well as struggles, but He is in control of it all. It is always important for me to remember that God has a divine purpose for me, He sees the whole picture and I am excited to see where He continues to lead me!

No comments:

Post a Comment