“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Created in God’s image

Two of my students, we're working on the letter K!
As I laid in bed praying this morning I was overwhelmed by God's promises, He is always faithful through the ups and downs. Each morning I wake up is a gift and I am called to honor the Lord with every breathe I have been given. It is my purpose in life to serve Him with everything I have and that is what I strive to do each day. I cannot predict what will come tomorrow or even ten minutes from now, but I do know that whatever it may be is to draw me near to my Creator. It was a very rainy day and gym class had to be modified since we don't have an indoor area. We ended up playing with the kids in their classrooms, so it worked out just fine. I learn more every day about what is important and where I need to be focusing my attention! There are many things that can easily distract me, however, this life I have been given is not about what I can do for myself, but what I can do for others. When I look around at the kids here I want nothing more than to care for them well. I have been blessed in this life and intend to give it right back to God by serving His children. The mission statement of Casa de Fe is, "Believing that all children are created in God’s image, Casa de Fe exists as an integral part of the body of Christ, focused on rescuing abandoned, abused and special needs children, providing for their physical, spiritual, and educational needs, in a loving supportive home environment, with the ultimate goal of assisting each of God’s children to achieve their highest potential in His Kingdom." Casa de Fe is a place for these precious children and I am fortunate to be a small part of the puzzle. In English the girls are so good and I am thankful to have such a small class. I can stop and help them whenever it is needed and I am truly able to adapt my teaching to meet their needs. After school the older kids had library time followed by enrichment. We watched  a video about exploring sea life and they were fascinated...and so was I! They are such smart kids and it is fun to see how they help one another learn. By the time I walked home from work there wasn't much time before the singles supper. An older lady here was so kind as to host a meal for the single ladies here, it was a good meal with some of the other missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment