“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tu amor es grande

This morning I was moving a little slow, because I was sore from yesterday and it was rainy so I wanted to stay in bed and watch a movie. Instead I got up, fixed myself a nice bowl of cereal, and enjoyed continuing to read through the book of 1 Peter! When I was all ready for the day I journeyed up to the school to work for the day. I worked on library tasks for most of the day and enjoyed a mid-morning snack with the Ecuadorian teachers. I really love working with them and appreciate the great effort they put forth to make me feel like an important team member! I went out to lunch at Alexander's with Dwight, Tandy, and Cheralyn and enjoyed a nice meal with great company. When we got back it was a busy afternoon of getting ready for Bible Club and trying to organize more at the school. An hour or so before leaving the kids got to color their verse of the
Ruby working on her Bible Club picture!
week, Luke 3:22. I got them all settled in much better this week and brought the materials to them instead of bringing the kiddos to the school, so it went much more smoothly than last week! The music before the message at Bible Club was awesome, my favorite was "Tu amor es Grande". The lyrics were repetitive and I was able to catch on and comprehend what was being sung. "Tu amor es grande, mas grande de lo que pueda imaginar" (Your love is great, greater than I can imagine). Simply brilliant, I enjoy the truth and beauty of these words! Bible Club just kept getting better, because the message made me tear up. The woman who shares the message each week presents the content in a way that is very kid friendly, I followed along really well this week! It helps that I am quite familiar with "The Parable of the Lost Sheep" and there were pictures, but I am understanding more too. Luke 15:1-7, "Now the tax collectors and 'sinners' were all gathering around to hear him. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, 'This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this parable: 'Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the
I tested them and they are good!
same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.'" This paints such a vivid picture of what the Lord has done for each of us and I am eternally grateful! God goes far above and beyond what I could hope and dream to care for all people and I want to love and serve others the way He does. After we were all done and got the children back to the house it was time for supper followed up by a delicious chocolate covered doughnut from the bakery! Then it was time to prepare for babysitting tomorrow by baking cookies :)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment