“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, February 2, 2013

Goodness through Christ

When I woke up to the roosters at 6am this morning I was ready to go since I went to bed early again last night. It was nice to have a lot of time for prayer this morning before doing anything else, it really is the perfect way to start my day. I love quiet mornings to read my bible, pray, and rest! 1 Corinthians 1:4-9 says, "I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." God is faithful and I am continually reminded of that...seriously every day He reveals more of His love! I was also very encouraged by this verse this morning, because I am being filled with all good things through Christ Jesus.
Taking a break after the first big hill.
When we allow more of God's love to enter our hearts we are filled up and able to care for and bless others. Cheralyn and I got to give a tour to the group volunteering this week. We met up with them on the main street to walk up to the school together. Once we got to the property, we took them around to the buildings, the Tilapia ponds, and showed them the locations for future projects. I told them about how the school runs, and learned a lot about other areas of Casa de Fe when Cheralyn was talking to the group. After the tour was done, we got to go see the kids! The 'Tias' had planned for a walk so all of us joined them. Tias are the group of women who work in shifts to take care of the children at the orphanage 24/7.We walked down the hill, across the bridge, and up the other hill to get to the park. It took a while to get there and it was nearing lunch time, so almost as soon as we got to ther we had to make the trip back. I have enjoyed every second of getting to know these kids and build relationships. They are the Lord's precious children and I am
Abigail and I!
privileged to spend so much time with them! We got all the kids back to the house in time for their lunch and were even a little early so we could play with them outside before saying goodbye! When it was time for their lunch we parted ways and I headed to a local shop to pick up some food on the way to the house. I made lunch before taking a well earned nap, I was exhausted after all of those hills! Cheralyn and I walked around town tonight and it was fun to see so many people out and about. We ended up stopping at "Chifa China" for supper and had some great Chinese food.




No comments:

Post a Comment