“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Have love

I had a relaxing morning off which consisted of getting some cold medicine from Tandy, resting, and reading. I read 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, " If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." God has given each of us the ability to love and it is a sacred gift from Him. This scripture reminds me that every single thing I say and do needs to be done in love. I am forgiven every time I fall short, but I always want to show people a glimpse of who God is through my love! I went up to the orphanage a bit early to say hi to the team before heading up to the school to work. Gym class with the 2nd and 3rd graders consisted of playing soccer right outside the school. Genesis, Veronica, and I  were kicking the soccer ball and had some great passes going for a while, then they went back to trying to kick the ball up the stairs.
My planner makes me feel so grown up!
Towards the end of class Genesis tied a rope around one of the balls and started swinging it around. It turned in to a fun game, of them standing in a line and I would swing it around in a circle for them to jump over! They loved it and would giggle every time the ball came back around. Right after that class was done I went down to the cancha with the oldest girls to play basketball. On the way there they picked some fresh fruit for all of us to share and it was good. I'm not really sure what it was, but it was a white fruit with a leaf like covering. Then it was time for a lunch before the last class. During the introductions one of the statements each student makes is about how they are feeling. Since I work with the students who are mostly behind grade level, every day until today I have heard the same feeling from all of them, "I am happy". However, one of my girls said she was sad and this is very unlike her. I had the other girls work on the letter names while I briefly talked to her and found out she was homesick. I thought it would be best if she wrote down what she was thinking to help her deal with her emotions, I know it is a good method for dealing with many situations. I know I find it helpful to write about how I am feeling in hard times. It was time for a nice nap after the sunny walk home! I woke up feeling ready to go, so Cheralyn and I went to the Guest House to participate in the Concordia debrief. As I was sitting on the couch waiting for things to get rolling the Freeman's arrived and Abby ran up to give me a big hug! It is definitely things like this that make my day, I felt so cared for it was great. I enjoyed being a part of this time with the Cobbers, it was a nice to hear about their experiences and I look forward to what the Lord has planned for their lives. I know teams come here on mission trips to love and serve, but sometimes it is just as much as a ministry for the person that came as it is for the organization. God works in wonderful ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment