“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, February 1, 2013

It's a small world

Old town Quito
Well, yesterday started bright and early when I went with a group of six others to catch to 2:30am bus to Quito! We arrived in Quito around 8am and I was ready to hit the ground running. The first stop was to pick up our visa paperwork, it was a relief to get in and out of there in thirty minutes and know I am done with the paperwork. God was good through the whole process, even when I was doubting how I would get my visa on time, He remained steadfast. Once the four of us who were picking up our visas were finished, we went in a couple of different directions. Jeff, Jesse, Cheralyn, and I spent the rest of the day together and it was awesome. We went to Old Town Quito to look at some of the sights, it has a different feel there than anywhere else I have been in Ecuador. We went to a church with tons of cools stairs to climb and an incredible view of the city!
View of the church from one
of the towers I climbed.
Every side I looked out there were buildings with the mountains in the background. When we started getting hungry we found a place to eat, then headed to the HCJB guest house. Before settling in to play some games, Jeff and I went to return a book to a different mission based organization a ways up the mountain. It was fun to learn more about how his family was called here here and we had a very nice conversation about God. As soon as we got back it was time for the four of us to play some Pictionary followed by card games. It was so funny playing games, I enjoyed our drawings and time of getting to know each other. I was blessed by this adventourous day and ready for bed at 9pm, so that is exactly what I did. I woke up bright and early this morning ready to go! Cheryln and I got to spend the night at Megan's house last night and only had to walk two doors down to meet up with the guys this morning. They had picked up the team long after I was sleeping last, so we got to meet them for the first time this morning. It just so happens they are from Valley City, Detroit Lakes, and some areas in between including Moorhead. It is such a small world and to make it a little smaller, one of the women on the trip is the mother of one of my old track coaches! We got to ride on the bus back to Shell with them and I was thankful we got to spend some time getting to know them on the way. It is a group of mostly elderly people and they have so many life experiences to share. We made a few stops on the
Mikos was tasty!
way back, but my favorite was Mikos! I was told by those who had eaten there before it as the best ice cream in the world and I would have to agree. The Mora y Maracuya (blackberry and passion fruit) ice cream was so delicious! It was a long day because of all the traveling, but Jesse and I had fun filming short clips along the way for entertainment. When at last we arrived in Shell, I went back to the house to eat supper and unpack before hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment