“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, February 8, 2013

God's approval

I knew today would be eventful when I woke up at 3am and realized the power was out! It was still out around 7am, but was able to get ready for the day just fine. I made the trek up to school and led art time for the kids right away when I got to the orphanage. We spent the morning drawing pictures, but they liked it so much they could have spent all day coloring! After they were done I went up to the school to work for a bit before going with Jeff and the group on a jungle walk. It was fun to venture in to the
Alejo and his work of art!
Amazon Rainforest and it was very fitting that while doing so it started to rain! As we were approaching the river to turn around it began to drizzle and by the time we turned around it was pouring. There were some areas of the trail that got slippery, but it was all part of the adventure. When we got back to the orphanage I was drenched, but there was no time to think about that, becasue we were off to lunch. Some people went out to eat, but I ended walking to the house from where they were dropped off to put on dry clothes and eat. I got lost on the way back, but Shell is a nice small town so it was easy to find my way. When I was all done it was time to head back up to the school to organize some more stuff. I read one of the Spanish/English kids books from the library, since I am a visual learner I thought it would be a good idea to check out the basic vocabulary books when I have an extra minute here and there! When I was done with work for the day I went to the orphanage to hang out with the kids. It was their snack time and I got to have a homemade Guanabana popsicle. It was tasty and I couldn't stop singing “guanabana do do do do do, guanabana do do do do do”, thanks to grocery shopping with Jesse! When snack was over I got to go and play basketball with the kiddos until my ride picked me up to go home. Cheralyn and I chatted with Tandy for a while and borrowed a couple of movies from her. When we got back down to the apartment I enjoyed some chicken and rice for supper, then made some popcorn! I put some brown sugar in with the both of the batches I made and it turned out well, at the rate I'm making popcorn here I will be a pro by the time I get hoback to Fargo! We watched two movies, then I read before going to bed. Galatians 1:10, “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Sometimes it is easier for me to see how the people around me respond to what I have done, but it is not my desire for others to accept me, rather to please God. Although it is nice to be approved of and appreciated by people, my purpose is to serve the Lord my God and by doing so bless those around me. When I faithfully honor the Lord with all that I am, my thoughts, words, and actions will reflect His light to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment