“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Lord is my shepherd

Cobbers hard at work!
I got to start creating the birthday board during my prep time this morning. I enjoy doing crafty things a lot, so this was right up my alley!  The Freeman girls were up at the school and I got to enjoy helping them with some Lego building as I transitioned from tasks, I would have liked to sit down and play with them, but I had to work. I also would peak outside the office whenever I had a chance, because the Concordia team was busy pouring the foundation for the bodega (workshop). During library time with the second an third graders today I discovered some missing books. This age group is only able to check out one book at a time, so if they are missing a book it's not fun since they can't take a new book. I came to discover that some of them would just put the book back on the shelf to return it and not tell me, however, we found those ones on the shelf . Other missing books turned up when they looked for them harder, so it all worked out!  It was raining during both of the gym classes I had today, but the kids we content just playing in the covered hallway area. They each had a little soccer ball and would kick it back and forth, I realize gym is limited to rain a lot here, but their willingness to compromise and have fun regardless of the circumstances is incredible. The mentality here is definitely go with the flow! The Cobber team let me have one of their sandwiches for lunch today and it was the best chicken salad I have ever had,  thank you Vicky! My English class was extra big today, because the Freeman girls weren't feeling well so I took Stephanie's students. They were working so quietly and respectfully while I was teaching my girls. Before heading to Bible Club I went back down to see how the team was doing on laying the cement. They were nearly done as we were leaving and it was awesome to see how fast they were getting the job done! "Camino yo con Lo siempre, siempre!" (I'll walk with Him always, always!) This was a great little song we sang about the Lord being our shepherd and it reminds me of one of my favorite Psalms! Psalm 23 reads, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Because of all the rain we have had in the past two days, we stayed inside to play games after Bible Club was done, but we had some fun activities. I walked home after Bible Club,
Bible club games.
but took the scenic route and on my way I ran it to Duvi and her grandma. It was such a treat to say hello and get I big hug from her, all seems to be going well so I was very blessed to see her at peace! I walked around the back side of the Coliseo and saw a group of people playing a game that looked like a cross between boche ball and curling. It was set up on a sandy surface and the person whose turn it was would roll/throw a few balls and try to get them inside of a chalk circle. I thought it was very interesting to watch! I continued walking down the road perpendicular to market street, I walk down every day, but had never gone past the road I take to get to my house and wanted to explore! There were more little shops, homes, and dogs of course, but there was also a very nice view of the mountains. Since the sky had cleared I was able to see a few airplanes flying with the mountains in the background. Then it was time to celebrate Kelcy's time here with a nacho feast! A group of us missionaries got together for a potluck with meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, and guacamole! We enjoyed cookies with ice cream, games, and great conversation after supper. I am constantly thankful for this group of people that are serving in Ecuador right now, I know God has brought us together in a perfect way and will continue to bless this unique time of serving Him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment