“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, April 25, 2013

The secret of being content

A view of shell with Sangay in the background on the far right.
With sunlight pouring through the front window I enjoyed my breakfast at the dining room table. The morning "Brain Gym" exercises were even better in the sunshine. Since it was so clear there was an incredible view of "El Altar" and the Sangay volcano. Rick was climbing the water tower to take some pictures, so I went along to check out the panoramic view of the beautiful creation and Shell. Sangay had a small ash eruption flowing down the side while I was at the top of the tower, there was so much to see it was hard to take it all in. Almost every day they are hidden behind thick clouds, but today at the top of the water tower I could see both the mountains and volcano! I was not scared while I was at the top of the tower, but I was thinking to myself how easy it is for me to say no to opportunities when I am scared. What would I do differently if I had no fears? It is a loaded question to think about, but as I learn to trust God more in all things my fears are brought to the light. Matthew 8:23-26, "Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, 'Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!' He replied, 'You of little faith, why are you so afraid?' Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm." There are times in my life I can say "Me of little faith, why was I afraid?" and God is faithful, but with Him I have nothing to fear. He is good all the time! Wednesday mornings I have library checkout with the younger kids, it is once a week and a fun time for them to explore books. Since it is during the day and not after school it reminds me of a real library in the states. Other than that I spent most of the morning doing office work and looking for supplies down in the house, my search for gym class pump was successful. I have notice how it feels very different today, not in a bad way at all just new. My time in Ecuador has not been predictable by any means, but there have definitely been things that are constant. In fact, expect the unexpected is what I have learned to base my days around. The reality of change has become very real and embracing it is upon me, I am excited to see what God has in store for each day! Thus far, it has not been a day where everything has been great, but I have an unstoppable contentment. I am excited for what is coming next even though I have no idea what that may be, I'm content in the here and now and have peace about the unknown future. Philippians 4:11-13, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." The more I seek Him throughout the day, the more I find God clearing a way for me. SEEK HIM and the way in which we are called will be revealed! I helped Martin search for "brilla" (shine) rocks with his class and they were having a grand old time. The sun provides all kinds of fun class activities! For physical education with 4th and 5th we worked on basketball skills, when they were done before heading to lunch they saw shadows from the railing and decided to entertain themselves. The railing shadow formed a nice ladder, so they did some ladder drills. After an array of topics covered at the teacher's meeting over lunch it was time for English and my girls were great. Soon I was off to Bible Club were I followed along with the message about the fruits of the Spirit, I was able to comprehend it very well! I enjoy being able to understand more Spanish! When we got to go outside at the church I played some catch with Edison, he is a young man who is deaf and really starting to learn sign language. I have been really encouraged by the progress he is making and got to use sign language as we played catch. Every time I was going to throw the ball to him I would use the sign, then he would copy me before I threw it! I walked over to Marco's house to tutor him in English, then headed home for supper. I while later I did a grocery run, skyped, then was off to bed. It was a day filled with the Lord's hope, promises, peace, contentment, beauty, and joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment