“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, April 22, 2013

My Father is with me

There was a bird rhythmically chirping on my way to work and I was impressed. I have had the privilege of hearing and seeing many animals, but this birdy's song was exceptionally beautiful. After chapel the animal encounters continued with a lizard running around the school. The kids were chasing after it and quite excited! I helped with pre-k as they built shapes out of rocks, it was fun to see them work at and understand this concept. When they were all done with their lesson we went on a walk for gym class. In first grade I set up a variety of games that focused on hand-eye coordination, following directions, and teamwork. When we got through all of those we wrapped up the class with a game of soccer. I rescheduled my gym class during lunch time for tomorrow in order to take Cheralyn to Alexander's for one last time. Cheralyn, MArili, the Joy's, and I were all there and got to eat together. I was almost late to my English class because of great talk with Jason, thankfully we were able to hop on the truck and get a ride to Casa de Fe. We had grabbed ice cream for the go, so it got a little messy on the bumpy ride up to the orphanage. At the beginning of class the girls were not being kind to each other. It caused tension throughout the class, but in the end I shared a message about how God wants us to treat one another. I hope they were able to understand how much our words can build up or tear others
Cristofer and I!
down and that we want to encourage our friends! When library and school store were all done I hung out with the kids down at the house. I was outside playing with the kids on the bike trail and they were all heading in to watch a movie. I was holding Cristofer's hand as we were running towards the house when he falls and since we were running it wasn't a little trip, but a belly slide. When he stood up I saw his shorts around his ankles, because they were too big they fell down and caused him to trip. He is too funny! It was a rainy walk home, but I needed to get back to make food for Cheralyn's goodbye party. I was busy chopping veggies and preparing food, then I started cutting the onions and they were so strong my eyes wouldn't stop watering. After sampling it several times to make sure it was just right, really I was hungry and wanted a small snack before supper, it was ready to go. I moved chairs upstairs for the gathering and arrived early, but I sure am glad I did. While we waited for others to arrive Dwight, Tandy, Cheralyn, and I sampled the guacamole and salsa. As soon as we thought we heard others coming we cleaned up the evidence of our food sampling and patiently waited! It was a false alarm, but it's a good thing we stopped when we did or all of the chips may have been gone. Time with them was a great start to a wonderful gathering of the Casa de Fe missionaries. I love feeling a part of this community and having the opportunity to really get to know them. We had a time of reminiscing about funny stories that have happened over the past few months and they really are priceless. As my roommate packs up and prepares to head home I am reminded of how God goes before us and prepares us, always! No matter where I am I am never alone for my Heavenly Father is always at my side. John 16:32&33, "A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Although I will experience both triumph and troubles, I have an ever present hope because He has overcome this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment