“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mujer Transformada

A few ladies at the retreat and I during free time Saturday night!
Right when I got up yesterday, blueberry muffins, eggs with ham and cheese, oranges, and coffee were ready to eat. Tandy was up bright and early and prepared a yummy breakfast, talk about a great host! We enjoyed our food while watching another movie and hung out with her the rest of the morning. Around noon I went downstairs to pack for the retreat, loaded the van, picked up some other ladies and were off. The retreat center was located just outside of Mera, which is the next town over, so it was a little getaway. The event started with an ice breaker of holding each other up. It was one I had never done before, but we were separated in to groups of four and sat a certain way in the chairs. When everybody was sitting in the circle we layed back on the person behind us and somebody walked around to pull out the chairs from under us. Then we were supporting each other with our leg muscles and it was really cool to see how we could do it! The evening was filled with worship, testimonies, scripture and fellowship. Following the first session there was free time where I got to hang out with the Tia's in a setting outside of work and get to know them more. The Tias' are fun ladies and it was really sweet to spend time with them outside, taking pictures, and eating supper. All of us missionaries spent the night in the same cabin room, so we enjoyed some special bonding time too! Right after breakfast this morning we got to do a craft and this was a great surprise. I haven't been able to be crafty since I don't have the supplies to be in Ecuador and this was awesome. I got to help a couple of Tia's with theirs too. There was a snack after the craft and a dozen cookies later, seriously a dozen, I was ready for the main session of the day. The theme of the conference was "Mujer Transformada" (Transformed Woman) and it continued in to
Here's my craft!
today. 2 Corinthians 3:17&18, "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." God has transformed my life and this weekend was an incredible time of reflecting on what He has done. Along with transforming my heart, there are countless stories in the Bible of transformation. A few examples are: Saul to Paul, the woman at the well, His word becomes flesh, water to wine, David the shepherd boy to King, Mary Magdalene, Lazarus, New Heaven and Earth, the church in acts, the thief on the cross, the law to Grace, sorrows to dancing, and He brings beauty from ashes. These only scratch the surface of ways God transforms in the Bible, weather it be people, animals, or objects, He is constantly present and revealing His perfect power! We finished up with the session a little early, so after packing up the car Tandy, Stephanie, Renee, and I enjoyed walking further on to the grounds. We came across pretty sights including streams on each side of the road at one point, horses, and much more. Since the road seemed to never end as lunch time approached we turned around to head back to the dinning room. When the last meal with all of the ladies was done, our group headed home. I spent an hour laying outside on the lawn chair multitasking...I was listening to music while napping and tanning. It was real nice! Then Cheralyn and I headed to Puyo for souvenir shopping since she is leaving so soon, and although the Balsawood store was not open we went to Super Tia's and a store right next door and I was able to find good Ecuadorian gifts. After our adventure to Puyo I double boiled some chocolate to cover a dessert. I finished just in time for prayer, then enjoyed more worship with the Casa de Fe staff.



No comments:

Post a Comment