“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Lord himself goes before me

I said goodbye and prayed for Cheralyn as she journeys home before going up to school. Although I was behind schedule I took my time walking there and reflecting on this new phase of my time in Ecuador. I know it will be very different living by myself for a while, but I look forward to a time of only being able to run to God. He has already taken care of every stress, joy, fear, praise, and worry, but now is a time for me to present them all to Him first. The first graders were working on "saltar largo" (long jump) today and it was fun to see how much they liked it! I was pretty in to it too, because it is track season and I have missed being around meets. It wasn't by any means a track and field meet setting, but it is as close as I can get. The pre-k class
The bodega has walls!
went on another walk for gym class today. After taking one of the students to the bathroom we were a bit behind the group and I have to admit I was thankful, becuase of the way the other five students were standing. Due to where they were standing it looked like a CD cover of a 90's boy band, it was great! We enjoyed some take out Chifa China at lunch, then I had my English class. The girls were pretty good, library went well, and after school enrichment flew by. When I looked outside at the end of the day the progress the maestros continue to make on the bodega is awesome. It feels like yesterday the Concordia team was here pouring the foundation and now they are almost done with the walls.  Before I knew it the day was over and I was heading home. I enjoyed talking with Stephanie most of the way, then we parted ways to get to our own houses. Shortly after getting back Tandy stopped by and offered me supper, it couldn't have been more perfect. I had been wondering if I wanted to venture out on the town for supper by myself or if I should make something myself, but a special delivery from the Martin's beat both of my options. God is SO good, even in the smallest things He is faithful beyond measure! I had a quiet evening in catching up on things at home and trying to take care of some tasks on my to do list, I was pretty productive. I made a trip to the market to get fresh fruit for breakfast, read, and got ready for bed. The scripture I reflected on was from Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” God is walking with me every step of the way, not only in my daily life away from comforts of home, but each and every day no matter where I am! I am never alone, because God has gone before me and He stands by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment