“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Good soil

My day started with reading a bilingual children's bible that I checked out from the Casa de Fe library. I have to admit I really like the book and it lead me to the scripture I read during this morning. Matthew 13:3-9 & 16-23, "Then he told them many things in parables, saying: 'A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear'"...."But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it. 'Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.'" I never cease to be amazed by what the Lord does with what little I have feel like I have to give. To God be all the glory, He really can produce great things in our lives when we give Him the control. I finally remembered to return the stroller from the Fun Run, because I blocked the door with it last night. Although I didn't feel like I had time to lug it up there and still be on time I reluctantly brought it with me and ended up picking up Leah on the way. I walk right by the Joy's house on my way to Casa
First grade was experimenting with bubbles,
Geovani was doing good!
de Fe and she was ready to go, so I was more than willing to push her up in the stroller. When we got to the school they were all line up outside, I took her to her class line, then the singing and dancing began! Most of my morning consisted of tedious tasks such as refilling marker ink and going through boxes in the teacher area, but it was all important and productive. Right before snack time the first graders were experimenting with blowing bubbles.After lunch I was off to English class followed by library time. I was very blessed by a couple of the oldest girls when they asked if I was going to live with them in May. They were not asking because they didn't know the answer, but wanted to hear me say yes and although it doesn't seem like much it was special! At Bible Club the message was about the Holy Spirit. I was able to follow along, and as usual I think the kids were really engaged too! After Bible Club I got to tutor Marco in English, he is bright. He is a little bit shy and talks quietly until I ask him to talk louder a few times, but once he does his pronunciations are great. I had just enough time to eat supper when I got home, then I picked up the girls at Patti Sue's house and were off to zumba at the Coliseo. Dance ended really early tonight which meant we needed to wait for a long time until the arranged taxi came or walk them back, so we walked them back to the foundation. Once we got them all back safe and sound Cheralyn and I went to Johnny's and sat at our usual table! Before heading home and calling it a night we took a little trip around town to enjoy the nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. Picture you seated there at Johnny's, at the favorite table above the street, Cheralyn and you. Hopeffully I recollect correctly but you both are there and here in Fargo/Moorhead we anxiously await temperatures to melt this snow... Rejoice!!!

    ReplyDelete