“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rejoicing comes in the morning

Our owl friend at the school.
Psalm 30:4&5, "Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." We all will experience times of crying out to God and though He has never left us we question what we are going through, but fear not for He is with us. There may be pain in the night, but JOY comes in the morning! It was a really good day filled with many small joys and great moments. The first exciting event of the day was walking up to the school and seeing Rick holding an owl. It had run in to the window earlier and we are all happy to say he flew away back in to the jungle after regaining strength! This morning I realized how well I have gotten to know the kids and am starting to understand some of their tendencies. Not only does this help me understand where they are going, but it helps me know how to care for them well. This was a sweet realization today!  In the late morning, Nayeli was calling my name and running towards me when she stepped on a rock wrong and fell. It was so sad and I could tell she was about to get really worked up. I just told her in a steady voice tranquilo (calm) and she was fine, I was incredibly proud of her for getting up and shaking it off. It is bad for her little heart
Juan P and the other kids in pre-k seeing
how "machinery" work!
to get worked up and it was a huge blessing to see her control her emotions like that, God is good! As we continued on our walk I wished I had more hands. All of the little ones want to hold my hands and I want to hold theirs, but I only have two. Gym with the pre-k class was hilarious thanks to little Evelyn. I said hola to a maestro as he was approaching and she repeated me which was adorable. Seconds later as we were walking past each other I said ciao and she did too, this caused me to giggled and she did the same. It was funny to hear here little laugh as she seemed to mimic all I was doing, she is really becoming aware of things people say and do around her. I have seen her learn a ton and look forward to seeing her grow more! During my off period today I got really sweet pictures of different school events from Rick. There were a bunch of them and it took a while to get loaded on my computer, but it worked. English class went pretty well even though one of my students had a bit of a shutdown. They usually stem from wanting attention which is really hard to address during class. I was able to talk to her about it after class and she was doing much better. There was a crazy downpour after school, but it only lasted a few minutes. It continues to amaze me how much it can rain in such a short period of time. When I heard it start to pour I stepped out on to the balcony to watch it rain and ended up getting pretty wet since the rain picked up and blew a big gust of water on me. I enjoyed my walk home alone and quick stop by the market to pick up some ingredients to make bread to take over to Rick and Rebekah's for supper. They had us over for beef and chicken curry accompanied by broccoli and cauliflower sauteed in butter with garlic. It was all delicious, then for dessert Rebekah made black tea with brown sugar, cream, and other spices...it tasted a lot like chai which couldn't have really been wanting! It was an awesome evening of good conversation with great friends. I appreciate their friendship a lot, I am constantly amazed by how kind and hospitable they are.

1 comment:

  1. The gain of understanding is the purpose of your internship, This development is the advancement desired. Only the few who are wise and mature enough are accepted for positions such as you hold. Nayeli told me....

    ReplyDelete