“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, April 18, 2013

Go in peace

Luke 7:46-50, "'You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.' Then Jesus said to her, 'Your sins are forgiven.' The other guests began to say among themselves, 'Who is this who even forgives sins?' Jesus said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; go in peace.'” God has forgiven me of much and loves me very much, therefore I will do the same! It is by faith in Jesus we are saved, therefore we can live peacfully knowing He has given us true life. I also started reading a new book today and look forward to learning more about myself from it. It was a great morning off, it felt short though since
Anthony really liked the camera!
I slept in until 8:30! I can accomplish so much in the mornings when I get up early, but it was nice to sleep in today. It was raining pretty good when I left for school, however, with my raincoat and umbrella I stayed really dry except for my shoes, they are always wet here. I substitute taught Rick's English class again today with the second and third graders, they did very well. They are a quick group of learners and although they can be easily distracted, I was impressed by how well they worked. If they realized when they weren't on task, I was able to get their attention and they would come back right away. Lunch with the teachers consisted of fish and rice today. It was good, but seeing the whole fish, scales and all, is something that is hard for me to get used to. My girls were very good in English today, I also think they are starting to understand how they can help each other learn. I had them work in partners for a bit and I think this is going to help them in many ways as I continue this once in a while for the rest of the year. Library and school clean up all went smoothly, then I hung out at the house until Cheralyn was ready to go. I spent most of my time with the toddlers at the playground in the back of the house. They are so precious! By the time we walked home there wasn't much time before we went to Johnny's with Patti Sue, Jean P, and the girls. On the way we noticed a stage, some paper mache cows, and fireworks sitting on the sidewalks. I ate the “Tablita especial”which consisted of chicken, pork chops, a hot dog, and yucca fries! It has been very nice getting to spend a little bit of time with them before I move in, I know God is preparing my heart to be like a big sister. When we were done eating I picked up some food at the market, then Cheralyn and I decided to go to Johnny's for tea. While we were there the festivities began, we watched the celebration of fireworks and live music. It was cool to see the paper mache cows with fireworks shooting out of them in all directions, but it made me a bit nervous that there was a person underneath it running it around. There was also a very elaborate firework tower contraption with fireworks spinning in all direction, Latin music followed the firework display! It was a treat to stumble upon the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment