“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, April 1, 2013

Gift of God

Nayeli stealing a birthday kiss!
I am another year older and a little wiser too. In the past year I have been blessed with family, friends, and new adventures! It has been a season in life of transition and trusting where God leads me. It's been a time of learning more about my gifts, passions, and dreams in life. I have been overwhelmed by the love and support from everyone scattered around the world, I am thankful and truly touched. Ephesians 2:4-10, "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." I thank the Lord for the greatest gift of  all, His son Jesus, on my birthday and every day! I had "Happy birthday" sung to me in English & Spanish and was prayed for in chapel. Then it was a busy day of teaching art classes, because I am subbing for Rebekah while they are out of town. I had all of my art classes weave paper hearts, but the level of difficulty varied. The 4th, 6th, and 7th graders all really like it and did a great job catching on, but the younger ones had trouble getting the pattern concept. When it came time for English class with the little guys that I am subbing it was a learning experience. As they were cleaning up the room before class I saw Ruby lifting up Martin to help him erase the board, it was cute to see them work together and have a fun time doing it. They did a good job in class for most of the time too. When I took Martin down to the house for lunch Estefania Held a big umbrella over us, which was hilarious because I am so much taller than her and I was carrying Martin. I can't say it kept me really dry, but it did help a little and it was sweet of her to do! I had a chili with rice and vegetable salad with the teachers for lunch today. It was a quiet birthday meal and they gave me a beautiful Ecuadorian bag as a gift! Caila, Ana, and Diana gave me a little gift with the hearts they made in my art class, and I told them how much I appreciated them for thinking of me. Also, my English girls spontaneously started singing to me during class! I heard them trying to plan when to start singing in between the activities I was leading, they are adorable. Then after school Paola was blowing bubbles, so some of the kids and I started jumping around to pop them. It was a lot of fun, but it had to stop when they tried to start throwing things to pop the bubbles.
A birthday box of love from home!
Before running a few errands I hung out at the house for a while to visit the babies and kids with special needs, the toddlers, and all the school age kids. It was a gift to spend time with each and every one of them on my birthday! For supper I went to "El Abuelos" with Dwight, Tandy, Johnathan, and Cheralyn. I was incredibly blessed by their prayers for my life, the conversation, and a delicious mini parallada meal! To wrap up my special day we watched "I am Legend" and ate cookie bowl ice cream sundays for dessert. I had oreo ice cream with whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate chunks, chocolate syrup, and almonds! I cried this evening as I opened birthday cards from my awesome family, I received SO much birthday love. A box filled with encouraging cards and some of my favorite treats was a gift the Lord knew I needed. When I woke up this morning I wished my my family was here to celebrate with me,  and although they weren't physically here they were very present in a different way because of this small shoebox package.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment