“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, April 15, 2013

Light a lamp

This boy's hug and smile brightened up
my whole day, thank you Edison!!
I woke up with a scratchy throat, so I had some tea with my eggs this morning. It rained through the night and was still going when I left for work. It let up on the way, but the water was going strong down at the dique. As I went across the bridge I kept singing Still by Hillsong United. It is good song with incredible lyrics: "When the oceans rise and thunders roar I will soar with You above the storm. Father you are King over the flood, I will be still, know You are God." This is one of my favorite songs because I find the simple lyrics incredibly powerful! I have found myself a little distracted as I am being asked about what I'm doing next and feel like all my peers have life all figured out. This may not be true I have found myself comparing their togetherness with my lack thereof and although it has been a beautiful time of trusting the Lord with where He is leading me it can be difficult. I am blown away by God's continuous faithfulness and understanding of my heart. As I struggles with feelings of loneliness I was reminded there are thousands of things I could turn to, but the only One who can fill my heart has never left me. A few positives for the day were walking Nila up the stairs, greeting Fabi, and having snack with Geovani. As I walked Nila up to chapel she held my hand and grabbed the railing with the other, then she would keep walking and lean back to see how far ahead of her body her feet could get. She couldn't stop laughing! Whenever I say hello to Fabi or she says my name she calls me Edi, I like my nickname. Geovani came and sat next to me during snack break and tried to feed me some of his food. I am really thankful for this little guy. I was incredibly grateful for these blessings a day that I wanted to curl up in a ball and hid in a hole for the most part. Through the hard days and embracing moments I am humbled, but there are always positive moments in which I am given hope. The highlight of my day was getting an unexpected hug from Edison. It was like he knew exactly how much I just needed a hug. Edison is a boy who is deaf and has really struggled to communicate what he wants, needs, feels, but not today. Not only did his smile and hug make my day better, but he totally understood what I was showing him through pointing and signs! So incredible! I played with the kids on the bike trail for a bit before the walk home in the rain with Cheralyn and Freddy. I have decided there is sometimes a hearing barrier between Cheralyn and I which makes for very interesting stories and great laughs. For supper we ate at the "Papi Pollo" with Jorge, then we got ice cream and walked around town. It was a nice way to end a day of things that didn't seem to go right. Before calling it a night I went to the bakery to pick up some breakfast food. Matthew 5:14-16, "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Even on days that nothing seems to go right and I want to run and hide, God is good. The Lord is in control and He has lit the lamp in my soul to shine for Him at all times. Not just when it is easy or when I feel like it, but in each and every circumstance for His love cannot be hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment