“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, April 25, 2013

The gospel is bearing fruit

I enjoyed eating breakfast and reading in my pajamas, sitting at kitchen table has become my favorite place in the house. A little while later I laid out on a lawn chair and read for a bit before deciding I just wanted to sleep under the sun. It was very nice! When I decided I should take a break from the intense heat I was ready for second breakfast, but SPOILED milk ruined my cereal, so made cinnamon/sugar toast to get the horrible taste out of my mouth. I can finally understand what people mean when spoiled milk expressions are used! I walked with Tandy for a while since she was taking Dori to pick up Johnathan at school, then I headed up to Casa de Fe after my morning off. The smells of fresh cut grass and everything looking alive reminded me of a beautiful summer day in North Dakota! I got to school just in time for gym class and spent most of the time playing soccer with Martin. It is fun to see how well he does when he is really interested and motivated. After lunch with teachers, English class, and library, I went down to the house to sew. Like many times before on my way up the stairs Kuka tried to block the way, she is such a silly girl and likes to get your attention by blocking the stairs! I was sewing something for one the kids and noticed I am much more careful when crafts are not for me, not that I am careless with my
Kuka was outside playing with the kids on my way out! 
stuff, but their was more pressure today. I didn't want to mess it up and it turned out good, so all is well! When I got home I was invited to join Tracy and Tandy on their daily walk, it reminded me of my momma's nightly walks. The Martin's invited
me out to supper with them and I couldn't have been more thrilled. The restaurant we tried to go to was closed, so we ended up eating at Johnny's, but I can't complain about that for a back up plan. Johnny's is always a good choice and tonight I got yucca con carne (beef and yucca fries). Colossians 1:3-6, "We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people— the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace." God's grace is all around us and I pray for our hearts to be evermore aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment