“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, April 7, 2013

Necesito mas de Ti

It was a cool, wet, rainy, and unusually windy day in Shell. The wind seems rather minuscule compared to the raging winds of Fargo/Moorhead, but for here they were blowing. My day started with some great singing in church. "Necesito mas de Ti" (I need more of You) were the lyrics to one of the songs and it is so true of my life. My only need is more of God, don't get me wrong there are plenty of other things that I want or think I need, but they cannot satisfy. Colossians 3:1-4, "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." I will seek the Lord's kingdom, everything I try and chase after in this world will leave me dissatisfied, because my true need is more of Christ! God fills my heart and meet desires in ways far beyond my understanding. I pray my hope is deeply rooted in God's promises even when I cannot see or feel exactly how He is working. I picked up a few groceries to make waffles for lunch on my way home from church, then spent the rest of the morning cooking. Cheralyn and I had Dwight, Tandy, and Johnathan over of a waffle brunch! They were yummy, but they would have been even better if they would have been a bit more crisp. I like spending time with the Martin's a lot, they are such a lovely kind family that is encouraging to be around. Instead of cleaning up right after lunch I thought it would be a better idea to nap and that is just what I did, the dishes could wait! When Cheralyn and I went out to find some iced tea at Alexander's the rain was just stopping for the first time today and the sky was spectacular. It was still a bit hazy, but you could see the mountains and some of the clouds were just illuminated! It was incredible, in fact, as we walked over to Patti Sue's for supper there were some clouds that looked like halos. The clouds were solid, but the outer edges were so bright and beautiful! We baked mini beef empanadas and has them with vegetable stir fry for supper. It was very kind of her to have us over for supper, it was a good meal and fun to just be at her house with Juan Paul and the four girls. We finished eating just in time for Casa de Fe staff prayer. It was a peaceful time of fellowship, prayer, and worship!

No comments:

Post a Comment