“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Satisfy me Lord

Casa de Fe Fun Run 2013!!!
I was up extra early for the Casa de Fe Fun Run and enjoyed a quiet breakfast and worship music. While I ate the song Satisfy by Tenth Avenue North played on my iTunes and it couldn't have been more perfect. Some of the lyrics are: "You're beautiful, You're beautiful, You're more than all this world can give. You're beautiful, more beautiful, You're love is all I need to live. Satisfy me Lord, oh oh, satisfy me Lord, oh oh. Yeah I'm begging You to help me see You're all I want, You're all I need, oh, satisfy me Lord!" The words throughout the whole song point to God's beauty that surpasses all that is in this world. I pray more of my satisfaction comes from the the Lord's goodness and less from people and things around me. I walked up to the orphanage to pick up some of the kids and walked to Patti Sue's for the start of the Casa de Fe Fun Run! After the course was explained, the kids stretched and were warmed up the race began. I volunteered to push Grace and Martin in a stroller so they could be part of the experience, it was hard work. The stroller had a crooked wheel so pushing them was difficult, but they loved it and kept saying they wanted to go faster! The
Grace and Martin enjoyed participating!
adults raced after the kids competition was all done and somehow I ended up doing this one too. The men were actually racing, but us three ladies took it nice and easy. We stuck together and crossed the finish line at the same time. Everyone hung out for a little bit and enjoyed a frozen go-gurt to cool down. I was glad the race was right on my street, because when it was finished I could head right home, change, then walk over to the rick and Rebekah's house. We were heading to Puyo to celebrate "dia del maestros" with the other teachers. I bought a pop for the gathering on my way to the Estes residence and Rebekah made me an espresso with sweet and condensed milk on ice for the road! It was exactly what I needed to hold me over until lunch. We hopped on a bus to Puyo right outside their gate and began the search for Fabi's house. I thank God we ran in to her daughter on the street, because although we were in the right area, to get to her house you walk to the back of a restaurant and go upstairs. It was a hole in the wall and I don't think we would have found it on our own. It was a little after eleven when I arrived at her house and the food preparation began. There was an outdoor patio at the center of her house and all of the rooms were separate and lead into this area. It was unlike any other house I have seen before.
Chicken maito, a delicious Ecuadorian dish!
Sylvia was our master chef and taught all of us home to wrap a chicken, onion, and cabbage salad inside a big leaf. It required placing the chicken salad in a long narrow line down the middle with a little separation at the half way point so the two leaves could be folded in half and tied together. Then it was put on the grill to be cooked. When it was all ready it was served with soup, plantain, yucca, and another potato like vegetable. After eating I helped wash the dishes and it was a unique experience for me. I have hand washed a lot of dishes, in fact we hardly ever used the dish washer when I was little, but today I hand washed dishes with no running water. Once everything was all cleaned up most of us teachers went down to the park near El Jardin. It was the same park area I was at a couple of weeks ago, but this time we walked over the bridge, and along a beautiful trail. An indigenous tribe was selling earring so I bought a couple of pairs along the way. After the walk along the river Rick, Rebekah, and I parted ways. On the way back to the bus station I had a snow cone with a bunch of different flavors and sweet and condensed milk on top, it must be the secret ingredient of the day! Before hopping on the bus I stopped at Super Tia's and a store next door where I bought a few souvenirs. I got back to town in the later afternoon and made a quick trip to get a few more ingredients for our bonfire desserts! I ran in to a friend from church and was able to
A nice bonfire with even better company!
plan getting together before Cheralyn leaves and it took me a while to get my words across, but I spoke in Spanish! Dwight, Tandy, Johnathan, Cheralyn, and I enjoyed chili dogs for supper by the campfire and made up tortilla s'mores for dessert! We sang songs and talked around the fire, it was a great way to spend a Saturday night! After cleaning up the fire it started raining, but that didn't stop Cheralyn and I from laying outside on the patio.



No comments:

Post a Comment