“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Great worth

Am I valued? This question often creeps in to my thoughts and I have asked myself over again throughout my life at times when I feel lonely. The Lord is constantly faithful to remind me of my value in Him, because my life is precious. However, all too often there are things in this world that make me feel otherwise. According to google, the definition of value is "the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance or preciousness of something." I know we all have different passions, put value in different places, and find some things more valuable than others, but to make it simple we all value something. God and the life He has given me through Jesus is where I place my hope. The good news of the gospel is my value does not come from anything I have done, will do, haven't done, or should have done. My value was given to me by what Christ has already accomplished! 1 Peter 3:3&4, "Your beauty should not come
At a park in Banos!
from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." I am a beloved daughter of God and when I need to know if I am really, truly, deeply loved I will turn to Him for the answer. It was a relaxing morning of eating breakfast and reading with the sun shinning through the window. I took my time getting ready, then was off to Banos with Cheralyn for the day. There were a bunch of pretty waterfalls and sights to see along the road to Banos and I enjoyed them in between drifting in and out of sleep. The bus pulled in around noon, so we hit the ground running by visiting a jewelry store with beautiful necklaces made
Pretty church in Banos!
from Tagua nut. Tagua is incredibly similar to ivory, but is made from seeds. Tagua grows in the rainforests of South American and Ecuador provides most of the world’s demand. On the way to the market we got to sample some delicious taffy, heard a lot about how delicious it was and now I finally know. There was a cute park along the way too, I love parks! This one had beautiful trees of all shapes and sizes, bright teal benches, and different statues. We spent some time in the artisan market before eating lunch at Casa Hood. This restaurant had a very European feel to it and was filled with people from all over, it was almost like we were in Europe for a little bit! Then we walked down to a historic church, it caught my eye from a distance and I was excited to check it out! Banos is know for their Holy waters and inside the church was a painting and story about them, it was very interesting. We continued shopping at various stores for a while before calling it a day and heading back to the bus terminal. I slept pretty much the whole way back, I really can't seem to stay awake on the bus. Later in the evening Cheralyn and I walked around town and ended up at Johnny's for supper. It was a nice way to end a busy day of being a tourist in Banos!

1 comment:

  1. Following the visit of Trinity Lutheran mission(to CdF), I guess perhaps a couple weeks; I saw televised the actual eruption there in Banos of the nearby volcano... it is very wonderful your sharing of the many locations there in Banos. Never made it to the European restaurant nor Johnny's for dinner but we did stop at the coffeehouse there on the corner a few blocks from the Cathedral.

    ReplyDelete