“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Recibe todo la gloria

I scrambled to get ready for church this morning, because I felt like sleep was more important than taking my time to get ready. It was nice to hear a couple of familiar songs in church, I enjoy being able to sing along and it is helpful when I get to sing it more than once. My favorite lyrics this morning were, "recibe todo la gloria, recibe todo la honora" (You get all of the glory, You get all the honor). It is my prayer for all of us to give all glory and honor to God, for it is because of His great love that we can accomplish good things. James 1:16-18, "Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created." After church I stopped at the market conveniently located on the way home. Then I made brunch and rested, I was able to take a nap and woke up feeling refreshed. By the time I was finally awake it was time for lunch and I enjoyed a yummy bagel that was left over from the Missionary breakfast last weekend! I mixed some basil in my cream cheese, put ham on top, and it was quite the meal. I spent some time listening to music and organizing files on my computer before going to frisbee. I haven't been feeling 100%, but my knee is feeling good and I missed the past two weeks so I really wanted to go. I like how the missionary community gathers and reaches out to others in the area. It is a great way to form friendships with both missionaries and Ecuadorians, I have been blessed by the people I've met! It was a sun shine day, there's a Brady Bunch reference for those of you who have had the privilege of watching the movies with me! The sun was nice and warm while we were playing. I had some leftover arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) for supper, then Cheralyn and I went to run some errands around town. I always love seeing people milling about, and there were a lot of people out tonight. There was a little carnival that popped up outside between Johnny's and Alexander's a couple of weeks ago and it was busy tonight. We ran in to a bunch of the missionary kids, they are great and I enjoy seeing them hanging out around town all the time. When we got back it was time for prayer and worship, so I climbed the stairs to Dwight and Tandy's. There is something very special about praying with and for others, I enjoy our time of fellowship every Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment