“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, March 15, 2013

Overcome with good

Here is the bilingual birthday board!
I took Brianna and Natasha to the main road near the buses at 6am this morning so they could catch their ride. After saying goodbye to them I walked back to the house in a light mist and enjoyed the day becoming light before the sunrise. I could see the silhouettes of the mountains and was really thankful for that peaceful moment, it was incredible. Since I had finished laminating everything for the birthday bulletin on Wednesday, it was time to hang it all up on the board! I enjoyed finishing this project and hope it is another way to make the kids feel special on their birthday. I like birthdays a lot! The second and third grade gym classes stayed at the school to play games, but the fourth, sixth, and seventh graders went down to the cancha. Physical education classes went well today! Rebekah made some delicious lemon cupcakes with a lemony frosting, I hadn't had any treats like that in a long time, so they really tasted good. English class flew by and after cleaning up the school I was done working for the week. I hung outside the house with the kids for quite a while and it was a blast! It was a great time of talking, playing tag, and just having fun! However, my favorite thing of the afternoon was being greeted by Nayeli, she is a special little girl who has blessed me so very much. Nayeli is a four year old with many needs, but warms my heart when she repeatedly says “Miss Errreeeca” and wants a hug. Today she clung to me when I saw her and with her nose full of boogers she kissed my cheek! I walked back to the house before going to Johnny's for
Nayeli stealing a kiss!
supper with Cheralyn. Afterwards we made a trip to the bakery. I decided to be adventurous and try a red doughnut looking pastry, but it wasn't a good choice. I was craving and anticipating it to be like a doughnut, however, it turned out to be a pretty dry and crunchy thing. Oh well, next time I want something specific that's what I will pick. Then I made popcorn and watch a movie, tonight's choice was Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. A quote at the end of the movie was, "At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough. And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey." I remember reading these books in middles school and thought the movie was good! I liked this quote at the end because it reminds me that in every cloud there is a silver lining. Although God will lead me through tough times, He has already won the battle for my heart. His perfect love has triumphed and He conquers any evil with goodness! Romans 12:21says, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

No comments:

Post a Comment