“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, March 19, 2013

God of all comfort

I woke up to the sunshine and enjoyed a nice bowl of cereal sitting by the sunny window. I had a great talk about how time is a treasure. Our time is invaluable and even though it is a crazy concept to grasp it should not be taken for granted. All of us have a limited time here on earth and I know I want to make the most of each second I am blessed with. There have been moments I wish I could fast forward through because I just wanted it to be over and others I wanted to freeze because they were so wonderful, but they are both important in life. I have learned and continue to learn to invest my time in people that I love and causes I am passionate about. My walk to school was lovely in the beautiful weather. At school this morning I got the news that baby Ruth went to be with God in heaven. Although Ruth's life story may not have gone as I hoped, her short life gave God glory. Despite many obstacles she held on for a long time and had miracle moments of being of the ventilator and breathing on her own! Now she is in heaven free from breathing constraints and in the presence of our Holy Father, perfect peace. Gym class were busy as they are every day with these energetic kids. The children here really enjoy being in the shade and since it was so sunny, they would try to take cover under trees and find huge leaves to be under. I feel like the odd ball always wanting to be in the sun! I got my workout for the day carrying Martin to and from the cancha, but I was happy to since he got to be a part of the class. There are many things he isn't able
Caila, Carlos, and Ana finding shade behind a big leaf!
to do or chooses not to do because of some of his physical disabilities, but I get to help him be more involved in these activities. On the way back he was having a tough time since he didn't get his way, but he is able to get over things really fast. At first he kept trying to push me away, but five minutes later he was trying to hid his smile which is so big it isn't really possible. English class, library, and after school program all went smoothly. When four o'clock rolled around I had a refreshing walk home in the rain, it really was cleansing after a whirlwind of a day. 2 Corinthians 1:2-4 is a verse well suited for today, "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." I have received compassion from my Heavenly Father and in turn am asked to show compassion to those around me ins all circumstances. After arriving back at the house it was time to cook! I helped Cheralyn make naan, and Indian bread, and made my carrots. I ended up caramelizing them which is one of my favorites, in fact, I used to go to Perkin's for their jumbo muffins accompanied by a side of caramelized carrots! I finished making them just in time to head over to the Freeman's for the party. Rick and Rebekah, the Joy's, Cheralyn's family, and I supper and hung out for the evening. I had chicken strogenoff, chicken curry, vegetables, naan, and chocolate cake! Then it was time to bust out the dancing and human horseback rides. The kids were pretending to be horse and since I was big they wanted me to be a horse too, so I joined them. They are a lot of fun to spend time with, it is nice to be with families like this since I miss having all of my relatives nearby. After a great party filled with eating too much and dancing it was time for me to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment