“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, March 22, 2013

Faith is confidence


Leah and I at the park in Shell!
I avoided the kitchen at all costs this morning after seeing a rat jump from the counter to the floor right before bed yesterday. Last night I went in there a rat jumped from the to the floor behind the stove, I was the only one awake until I woke up Cheralyn at which point we went to investigate. I was quite nervous and to be completely honest when we went back it ended up being Cheralyn looking and me standing on the couch trying to make sure it couldn't get me. We decided to move a few things and wait until the morning to figure out what to do. That being said I forgot Diana's birthday cookies, but Rebekah forgot school supplies too, so we went to our houses to get them after chapel. There was plenty of time I didn't have any scheduled classes until 10:55. The "Inicial" teacher asked me to help with their field trip today and it worked out perfectly to join them right after I was done at getting the forgotten items with Rebekah. As I was walking down the big hill towards the school they were walking up, it couldn't have been better timing! Rebekah kindly took my cookies to the school and I jumped on in the the pre-k and kindergartners. We walked around and talked about safely crossing the streets then went to the police station. One of the police officers talked to us about what they do which was awesome, the kids were super interested. Since we were right by the park, before heading back we stopped there for a little bit. Leah wanted to play follow the leader where she was the leader which was fun, they were all doing this spinning thing on the low bar of the jungle gym, and they loved the seesaws! It was such a lovely Friday morning at the park with the kids having a blast and the sun shinning. On the way back to the school the kids played a game, whenever they would pass a store selling food they would reach out their hand
Celebrating Diana's birthday at the end of class!
and pretend they were eating it. Naturally I joined it with them which they thought was pretty great, I love the simple joys kids find and pray for more of it in my life! Every day I focus on the things that are good, but I seek to choose joy unceasingly. I got back as the second and third graders were starting gym and there was martin ready to play soccer. Two days in a row of him really excited for gym, wooohoo! He wasn't walking around quite as well today so most of the time he was sitting on the ground rolling the ball around, but it was great. Ruby came over to join us after a while and the game eventually turned in to a race between us. Martin would roll the ball, Ruby and I would chase it, then we would kick it back to him. In the midst of playing I was looking down at the ground and saw some of the rocks sparkling in the glorious sun. I recalled being intrigued by the way rocks would glisten in the sun when I was young, it was such a wonderful flashback. Seriously it is hard to describe the moment, but it was really peaceful and sweet. I decided to point it out to Ruby and Martin, but I think I thought it was way cooler than they did. Next up was gym with the oldest girls which involved going to the cancha. Almost right after we got there Maria asked (told) me to go with her to get the fourth graders for their class. She wanted to run, so we jogged until she was tired, then walked the rest of the way. I have to say running up hills is not very fun...I much prefer Fargo if I am going to run! As soon as they finished up their lesson I returned to the cancha with the fourth graders so
My ant snack!
they could play a game of soccer against the sixth and seventh graders. When class was done it was time for a lunch with the teachers. We enjoyed a good lunch and had a great time chatting! In English class when I was done teaching and testing we had cookies for Diana's birthday. I really enjoy birthday's a lot and think it is a great opportunity to make the kids feel special at school. We had cookies, they got to color their letter "O" page in the workbook, and play for the last few minutes of class. After school library was slow, but the afternoon got really exciting after that. I was downstairs locking up all the doors when Dwight offered me a sauteed ant. These weren't just any ants, but they were the big disgusting ones all over outside the house this morning. I was quite hesitant at first, but as he said it is mind over matter, so after making him eat one first I gave it a try! It wasn't too terrible, it actually was a bit like popcorn since they were cooked in butter and it was crisp. I tried another one with Rebekah shortly after and captured it on
Martin and Greis were laughing so hard!
film. Just another Friday after school in Ecuador! Before leaving the school for the day I helped collect strings of frog eggs and build little habitats for them in old pop bottles. Maria, Abigail, and I went down to the swampy area to gather the stuff and took it upstairs to assemble. I had never seen a string of frog eggs before, it was cool! I headed down to the house around four and hung out with the kinds for a while. I ended up spinning them around on the tire swing which was a hoot, Grace and Martin had priceless smiles and were loving every second of it. I barely beat the rain on my walk back to the house, but ventured out in to it on the way to Johnny's anyways. There was an unexpected Casa de Fe gathering there tonight with, Patti Sue and her girls, the Freeman's, Rick and Rebekah, the Post's, and I. I enjoyed the Pot Roast with yucca fries, maracuya juice, and guayusa tea. We hung out there and talked for a while, stopped by Karen's for groceries, then headed home after a jam packed day!  Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." I thank God for another day in Shell and I have faith His perfect plan will continue to be revealed. I look forward to every new day, because the Lord knows my hopes and dreams, each day is part of a beautiful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment