“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, March 21, 2013

Armor of God


There were trees all over the place after the
huge storm last night.
I had a restful morning around the house which I enjoyed. Ephesians 6:13-19, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel." I was able to get a few things done before heading in to school for the day so that was nice. The journey to Casa de Fe was good, but you know there was a big storm when there are trees clogging up the dam. There were so many big branches, I'm sure the river was just raging during the "tormenta" (storm) last night! Gym classes went very well again,
Evelyn's cute frog!
the kids did relay like activities today and loved it. They were separated in to teams and were being competitive in a friendly way! Also, Martin and I played soccer for a whole class hour. It was SO awesome to see him enjoying gym class and fully participate. I had him over in the area where the rocks are smaller even though it is still very rocky. He was moving around on his own almost the whole time and didn't fall very much. It was awesome! I was on lunch duty, so heated up the food when I got back from gym with the oldest girls. I enjoyed lunch with the teachers and loved being with my English students. Evelyn found a cute frog before English today and it was her cute little mascota (pet). The girls are always being goofy little which makes every day unique! Class went well, and library as well as after school enrichment were good too. When I was all done working I went down to the house to help Cheralyn take a picture for a thank you
Thank you for your support from all of us at Casa de Fe!!!
card. It was an eventful experience with these little guys, but we got some good ones! When I was done with that it was time to sew. I enjoyed setting up the sewing machine and sitting at Casa de Fe repairing clothes. I got to work on revamping the button up shirt I got at the Puyo thrift store last weekend. I haven't been able to sew like that since I got here, so it was relaxing and fun to do. It was pretty clear and dry on my walk home from school and I enjoyed listening to beautiful bird noises. It was a very tranquil way to conclude the day. When I got back to the house we made pork chops with Old Bay seasoning, sweet potatoes, glazed carrots, green beans, and homemade applesauce. It was another great homemade supper! I have been doing a lot of cooking in the last week and it has been great. I have decided I like to cook and doing dishes, but I don't like doing dishes after I cook which isn't very convenient. It's something I am orking on! When we were finished eating and cleaning up, it was time to go and find dessert. The winner was Alexander's where I had a cup of ice cream with half of it Almond and the other half Rum and raisin. It was a great mixture, with my tummy full it was time to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment