“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

More than Imagined

It was raining pretty hard this morning so I decided to wait it out for as long as I could before leaving for work. When I had to go it was sprinkling, but to me that hardly qualifies as rain anymore! By the time I made it to the Coliseo it wasn't raining and I made it the rest of the way without being rained on. Once I arrived to the school it started raining pretty good again, I'm glad I didn't get caught in the rain today. During my morning break at school I got to eat my mango snack on the balcony. Last night as I ventured around town I saw the delicious mango I'd eaten one of my first days here and I was pumped! I kept meaning to buy more, but by the time I was actually going to they were going out of season and I couldn't find any. I got to read to Sheila this morning. When I got to the 1st grade class she picked out a story sat on my lap and every time I finished reading the book she would pick out a new one and crawl back on my lap. My favorite book was The Tale of the Three Trees, it is about trees that have dreams of becoming certain objects and they end up become much more than they could have imagined. It was a great story, to put it very simply what the trees wanted to become didn't seem like it was going to happen, but in the end their wants were far exceeded, because they were used in Jesus' life. The first became the manger baby Jesus laid in, another the fisherman's boat used when Jesus calmed the storm, and the last the cross Jesus was crucified on. When it was time for school snack there was a song playing from the music class and the kids were just loving it. I ended up dancing in the hall and a bunch of kids just swarmed me wanting to dance too, it was awesome!Then I got to help find songs for music classes. There were a ton of great ones, but the inspirational song for the day was called Defying Gravity. I think this will be a good one for the kids to sing along with since it is about reaching for dreams and taking a leap in to pursue them, "It's time to try defying gravity, I think I'll try defying gravity and you can't pull me down!" I helped out in Rebekah's English class today, because I will be subbing for her a couple of days next week and want to make sure I am consistent with her teaching. They were really energetic, so it was fun to see how they handled everything. My English girls are so calm which I love, but at the same time it was nice to see the energy and excitement of the little guys! I didn't get to have lunch until after my English class and I found myself getting a bit irritated about silly things since I was hungry. This week is all about reviewing the things we have learned up to this point and they are doing great, I was proud to see how much they recall! I got to eat my lunch with yummy cheesy potatoes after school during library and my mood got better after having some food. Alondra was the only student who stayed for after school enrichment today, we had fun looking at slides under the microscope. It is not a very good microscope, but we got a nice look at my hair which was cool! Afterwards I went down to the house to help Cheralyn take pictures of the kids for the website. My job was to make the kids smile while she took the pictures and I think I did a pretty good job. Unfortunately when we were stopped for the day, we got about half done, Cheralyn looked at the pictures and somehow they were all out of
Veronica and I!
focus. We will have to try again another day. Before heading home I hung out outside with some of the kiddos, and Yajaira started styling my hair. She was doing a very nice job, but pretty soon there were four girls playing with my hair and pulling it in all different directions! That didn't feel very good, but they were enjoying it so I bared the pain for as long as I could before asking them to stop. I needed to get back to take the team out to supper so I didn't feel too bad. Cheralyn and I got to Johnny's a little bit early and the Ecuador vs. Paraguay game was just coming to an end as we arrived. I wasn't able to watch this one so hopefully I can see the next since we won! I enjoyed my Tablita Especial with chicken, beef, sausage, and yucca fries. Cheralyn, Jesse, and I went to Alexander's for an ice cream treat, then we all walked back to his house (on the other side of town). On the way home I stopped by Karen's market  to get a couple of things and at the fruit stand for another mango. A day doesn't seem to be complete lately without stopping at Johnny's, Alexander's, and Karen's! To conclude the evening Tandy brought Johnathan down since her and Dwight are leaving for Quito early in the morning. Before getting in to bed he was looking through the closet and drawers as if to be checking for a monster or something, but when I asked him what he was looking for he responded with "Chickens". That wasn't the response I was expecting, but it was very funny! I got to tuck him in, listen to his prayers, and tell a story about "Prince Johnathan" saving the country. He is so adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment