“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Quiero conocerte más

Bible Club!
It was a beauteous journey to school with the sun out and visible blue sky. The principle talked to all the students about what is expected of them in Chapel. She mentioned being valient and I know the kids were receptive, because today was filled with good behavior! I was able to plan and get some tasks done this morning during my prep time. Although one of the tasks I did, unwinding a tangled mess of string, seemed pointless at times I knew it was helpful and needed to be done. As I mentioned earlier the kids were very good today and this included gym! They had a blast doing different jumping drills and it was one of my favorite, because they were some good track drills. I know track season is in full swing and I definitely miss it. I had lunch with the teachers and English class before going to baby Ruth's funeral. When I arrived at the burial sight Santiago's flowers still nicely blooming. Two funerals withing a week has been tough, but they are free to move and no longer constrained by any disabilities. She is God's wonderful creation and in His perfect presence! When the funeral was done I went back up to the orphanage to pick up the kids and take them to Bible Club. We sang a song call En Secreto (In the Secret), which is all about knowing God more and following where He calls! Some of the lyrics are, "En secreto, en silencio te esperare, solo a Ti quiero conocerte más" (In the secret, in the quiet I wait, only for You cause I want to know you more). When it came time to go outside and play the kids sprinted out! Last week and again this week Veronica was showing me a mandarin tree. She is so smart, even though there was no fruit on the tree she could tell it was one. I wasn't so sure at first, I had never seen one and didn't understand how she would know it was one, but then we smelt the leaves. It was surprising how good they smell! I really enjoy learning from the kids. Every week after it is done I like to catch up with Sharon, I am thankful for those few minutes of getting to know her more each time. I hadn't been home for long when it was time to go up for supper at Dwight and Tandy's. Right as we were sitting down to eat the power went out, so we had a nice candlelight dinner. Eventually the power came back on and we enjoyed talking, laughing about the skunk puppet, and just hanging out! When it was time to start cleaning up the power went out again, so it took a while to get all the dishes clean in the dark. While it was pitch black since the power was out I saw the most incredibly vivid lightning I have ever seen, it was crazy how magnificent it was! The bolts would light up the whole sky and the thunder would shake the house, it was the biggest thunderstorm I recall seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment