“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, March 30, 2013

Add to your faith

Beautiful Tati!
I got to sleep in this morning which was a nice change. I had a relaxing start to the day eating breakfast with Mandi, Kat, and Kirsten, the girls staying with us this weekend! I was reading the book of 2 Peter 1:2-7, "Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love." God is the creator of every perfect gift and it is my desire to seek things that bring Him glory. I spent a while up at Casa de Fe hanging out with the kiddos.
View from the tower I climbed in Puyo.
I got to sit outside with Tati for quite a while which was lovely! I don't get to spend as much time with her since she doesn't go to school at Casa de Fe, so it was special spending time with her. When they started setting up tables for lunch I headed home to meet up with Cheralyn and Jorge to leave for Puyo. I seem to get sleepy whenever I get on the buses and today it made for a funny story when I got off the bus. Apparently while we were on the way Cheralyn tried to get my attention, but I had my sunglasses down and fell asleep. As she was trying to tap my shoulder the man next her stared and me and said, "Creo que ella es dormido" ( I believe she is sleeping). I didn't realize I had actually fallen asleep until Cheralyn told me this story and I was oblivious to all of it, I guess it was a good nap for me and entertaining for those around me! We arrived in the city and caught a taxi right away, it took us to a touristy area where we climbed up a tower with a view over the city. Then we went to a restaurant that serves huge plates of volquetere. Lunch was delicious and to top it off they put a spoon in the middle of it pretended it was a candle and sang happy birthday to me. It was the perfect way to top it off! As we were walking around I saw a sign advertising for a restaurant, but in Spanish it is restaurante...it made me feel better about constantly spelling that word wrong, I fit in well
Soccer! It wasn't the professional game I dream
to go to some day, but it was fun to watch.
here! After lunch we hopped in a truck and went to Mera to watch a club soccer game. It was rainy, but the bleachers were covered so I didn't get too wet. There was missionary that we had met at the brunch hosted by the Cobbers back in February and it was nice to talk with her again. By the time we got back it was about supper time so Cheralyn, the girls, and I went to Johnny's. We sat at the restaurant and enjoyed yucca fries, tea, and a view of the town. The tea I had was a nice way to warm up after a chilly rain. When we all finished eating I picked up my veggies for the Easter potluck tomorrow, I bought a bunch of carrots to caramelize and got them cleaned and cooked as soon as I got home. Then it was time to sit back and enjoy a movie with brown sugar popcorn, starburst jellybeans, and starbursts! It was a great way to end a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment