“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

From the heavens

Field trip to the Fire Station!
I had an exciting day at school today! It started with a trip to the "Bomberos" (fire station) for all of the students from pre-k to third grade. We arrived to the station in style, because we traveled in a firetruck and ambulance. Once we got all of the kids settled in, they demonstrated some of the training they do. It was awesome to watch and after they finished they let us try what they had shown us. A bunch of the kids and myself climbed up a rope using some pretty fancy equipment. It was sweet! I used a normal climbing harness, but there was also a suspender element which allowed me to transfer from the ascending to the descending clip. Since it was a stand alone rope, there was a special tool used to slide up the rope, and a different one to come back down. Right before we left they showed us how the fire hoses work. Then we all got a shower, good thing it was a hot afternoon! The kids had a blast and so did I, even though I'm 22 I still love field trips! We had a teachers meeting over lunch today, then it was time for English and my girls were awesome again today :)
Getting ready to go up!
 Bible Club went well too, as usual there was a great message and I was able to understand it again this week! After the message I spent my time outside with Martin. He got new braces for his legs a couple of weeks ago, but he has been needing some extra help since they have been bothering him. While the other kids played a game we stood by the fence looking at all of the people and cars passing by. We spoke Spanglish, but it was so fun to help him with English and to have him help me with Spanish! He is such a smart kid. Before leaving the church he saw pretty flowers on a bush and wanted to go see them. I suspected he really wanted to pick a flower, but he ensured me that was not the case...so I went with him over to smell the pretty yellow flowers. As I had suspected one of the times he was smelling the flower he accidentally plucked it off, so he got the flower he had wanted. After Dropping all of the kids back off at the house, I went with Jeff to visit baby Santiago at the hospital. He is in the ICU with pneumonia and is not doing very well, so I wanted to go and pray over him. His small hand wrapped around my finger broke my heart, but he is in God's hands. It is only God who can and will heal his frail body. I left the hospital emotional, but I saw the mountains with a beautiful sunset fading behind them and was reminded of the Lord's perfect majesty. We are His precious creation and God cares for this beautiful baby far more than I ever could, so I have peace knowing this child is loved unconditionally by his Father in Heaven! Isaiah 55:8-10, "'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry." God's ways are far more perfect than anything I could imagine! The day was concluded with a quick supper followed by baking sweet potato fries and I must say they turned out very well. Cheralyn made Poutine, a Canadian dish, which is fries, gravy, and cheese for a snack which was great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment