“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, March 14, 2013

His people

Maribel holding a pretty pink flower!
I found out right before bed that God welcomed Santiago in to heaven last night and His precious son is free to run in to His warm embrace. Revelation 21:1-4, “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'” I was a bit emotional this morning about everything, but am overwhelmed by the love and presence of the Lord in my need. It is Rebekah's birthday today, so there was a surprise birthday party for her at school. It was awesome, surprises are great! The festivities consisted of confetti/flour being thrown, sitting on balloons to make them pop, a pinata, and snacks. It was a nice way tobrighten up a tough morning. Because of the party I only had one gym class today and it was a tough one. It didn't help I was already at my emotional limit for the day, but some of the comments were really wearing on me. I am thankful that God is bigger than every word and pray He continuesworking the the hearts of the oldest girls. It was grateful for words of wisdom that reminded me about hurtful comments coming from areas of unrest in their hearts. All of us teachers had a big lunch, the meat of the day was ground and flattened organs...it wasn't awful, but I had trouble getting it down since I was kind of grossed out by the thought of it. For me when it comes to food ignorance is bliss. There weren't any classes after lunch to allow us to attend baby Santiago's funeral. We all went out to the burial site had a time of prayer, stories, songs, then the maestros cemented in the burial slot right after it was done. Little Santiago went to be with our Heavenly Father and he is home ♥ After tying up loose ends for the day I joined the Freeman's, Martin's, Cheralyn, and the team at "Eco Parque" (a water park in Puyo). There was a little zip line in the water which was my favorite along with just hanging out with everybody! For supper I had a good chicken dish on top of a mound of papas fritas (french fries). Mickos was conveniently located on the way back and I had a delicious ice cream cone. It was maracuya and guanabana with super crunchy chocolate sprinkles on top! The evening ended with girl talk that turned in to giggles with Cheralyn, Brianna, and Natasha. Today for sure felt like a roller coaster, but God knew we all needed some laughs tonight and provided a time for us to share stories and unwind. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment