“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, March 4, 2013

Christ died for us

It was back to school after a busy weekend, but I was ready! Chapel is always a great way to start since I enjoy the camp-like songs and dancing. Chapel was followed by a combined gym class with the inicial and primero kids at the cancha. It takes a while to get these little ones there, so it was a bit of an extended class. When we arrived we played a game of tossing the ball, then a soccer game. During my prep time I got to work on the Birthday board some more, which is very therapeutic. It's like scrapbooking which is one of my favorite relaxing hobbies. Everything with the board takes quite a bit of time, because there are no templates and do it all by hand. Then it was time for the 4th grade gym class which also entailed a trip to the cancha for a game of soccer! These kids enjoy playing soccer a lot and so do I, it is a great fit. For lunch today we had "vocotero" and it was the best, seriously it's my favorite traditional dish so far. The ingredients include chifles, beans, a tuna/tomato/red onion mixture, and ahi. I enjoyed two helpings! English went well, as usual the girls in my class were awesome. I continue to be impressed by each of them in class! It is fun to see them understand new academic concepts, but more importantly grow as young ladies. After school enrichment looked different today, we decided to go down to the house to work with the kids. The enrichment time has gotten a bit chaotic with the youngest group the past couple of weeks, so it was time for us to changed it up. Instead of bringing them back up to the school, we have decided to meet at the house to help them with homework. I got to run the school store during enrichment time and it went fairly well. Some of the kids like
Javier and Willson being fishermen!
to look at every item, but there isn't enough time for all of them to get through if they do so there has to be a time limit. They purchase items at the store with card that they earn throughout the week. It is a system received very well by these kids that positively reinforces good behavior. On my way home I saw Javier and Willson fishing at the bridge. Javier was talking about fishing earlier today, I was excited to see them at the stream with their bait on a homemade fishing pole! They each had a stick with a string attached to it and were as content as could be. Cheralyn and I went to Johnny's for supper and enjoyed a nice ice cream treat afterwards. My favorite frozen treat is the "frutilla" (strawberry) frozen yogurt. It was another early bedtime for me, but before sleeping I read some Spanish and my Bible. Romans 5:1-8, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment