“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, June 5, 2014

Work for the Lord

This BEAUTIFUL butterfly visited the
school office this morning!
I had some "Mission Impossible" style going on as I rode up the hill to Casa with the Martins! It was a pretty great way to start the day, they are awesome people to be around! It was a productive start to the school day with a variety of Art Show preparations happening. I was in charge of the welcome sign, Evelyn was my design assistant and Jenny was the color expert! It was my favorite project of the day, but the rest of the day was filled with great lessons. God taught me a great deal about perseverance and working for the benefit of others at work today. It was an excruciatingly long day of work and I was exhausted by lunch time, but the work to do was far from done. Though I felt as if I had no energy and was hardly of assistance, I kept completing tasks both big and small. I would be lying if I said I was excited about what I was doing, but I know how big this is for the kids and proud they will be to see their accomplishments tomorrow because of the work done tonight. "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us" Romans 5:1-5. I was not suffering in any major ways, but the Lord was building my perseverance through my work and I am grateful for His strength through it all. "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free" Ephesians 6:5-8. May everything I say and do be done to serve God and work for His kingdom! After completing work at the school, Anna and I needed to go and buy 8 watermelons as a snack for the Art Show. Once we picked the winners, Jeff gave us a ride back up to the school so we could drop them off and he had all his girls with him. Little Anna and I were sharing the front seat and before I could walk in to the house for the evening she wanted a picture of our hands making a 
These kiddos hard at work!

heart. The picture didn't turn out, but it was a special moment! I was impressed that she remembered it from last year and my memories flashed back to when I was little and insisted on posing in most pictures with a hand hearts! I made it through the long day with only two minor injuries ( sliding a bit on a rock and squishing my hand in the gate), an exhausted mind, and a body that didn't want to move. Then, God blessed me with Christy's hospitality and delicious spaghetti carbonara/yummy chocolates! Just when I thought I could do no more I helped Cheralyn move and we went on a hunt for Art Show cookies. Busy doesn't fully describe my day, but it is the best way to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment