“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, June 16, 2014

Prayers for You!

After the cake fight!!!
Right away when I arrived at work I had great talk about life with Kyle. I am beyond thankful the continual prayer outreach that takes place here, it is overwhelming to know how supportive the families here are! Prayer is powerful. God has given us all the great privilege to communicate with him and it is magnificent! 2 Corinthians 9:12-15, "This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" I am thankful for all of you near and far the continue to keep me in your prayers, it is appreciated far more than I can ever explain! We had a nice girls lunch going on at "Las Carnes', also known as the red restaurant, with Kelcy, Cheralyn, Bailey, and I! When I got back I continued working on the new sponsorship task, checked in at the school, and stopped by the bodega. Jeff was busy repairing the washing machine, so I had a mini lesson on how to fix the washer. I like learning new things and it was fun to see how things were taken apart and tested. As soon as we go back to the house we were celebrating his birthday party! Of course birthday parties are always fun, since I like birthday's so much, but there are some cool traditions here in Ecuador too. The birthday boy or girl takes the first bite of the cake (with their face) and depending on how skilled they are they can get away without their face being shoved in the cake! It is entertaining for sure. This party turned in to a bite of a cake and confetti fight, which is fun too! I hung out with the kiddos for a while before going over to Tracy's. She had supplies to make some tasty iced coffee and we had great conversation. She is so hospitable and an awesome woman to listen to, she is incredible! Time flew while we were there and in order to make it to zumba I stopped at home and had supper on the go. Oh how I have missed zumba at the Coliseo, I joined Kelcy and her friend for the dancing and we lounged in the park for a while afterwards. At last the day concluded with another evening hanging out on the roof and sharing life!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment