“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Be hospitable

Geovany just being precious!
I began my journey to work and took a break midway to have breakfast at Cheralyn's! It is always constructive to start the day with a good friend and positive discussions. I spent the morning in the office continuing work on the new sponsorship task, although it is very repetitive and mundane I know it is beneficial. There were a huge group of missionaries at Alexander's for lunch. Right as we finished up a tasty meal it started teranchal raining. Now although it rains all the time, it was the first time I have ever felt the mist while I've been inside! It was misting all over in Alexander's, I'll have to add it to my list of unique things that happen in Ecuador. I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the same task, then as I was getting ready to leave I spent a bit of time with the kiddos! We were all in the front of the multiuse building and the kids decided they wanted to try flying, so they would jump into my arms, I would spin them in a circle and set them back on the bench. There was a whole mob of them wanting a turn, so I got my arm workout for the day! It was extra adorable when they would flap their wings as they prepared
These are a couple of the little "flying" guys!
to "take off"! My final task for the day was to pass out the necklaces they made and I baked last week. I will admit it was pretty stressful, all of the kids were grabbing at the tray and trying to get the one they wanted, but it was all fine in the end. As I was passing them out I learned very quickly what would and although it was kind of a mess all of them got a necklace if they wanted one! We had our second supper at Patti Sue's for the volunteers tonight. It is nice gathering as a group, talking, and simply spending time together! After our potluck meal I stopped by Kyle and April's had a little break down. I am thankful for their willingness to be there for me at any time. It speaks so much of Christ's love into my life, I appreciate them so much! Hebrews 13, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it". We must TRUST the Lord to bring us through each of life's challenges. He is drawing us closer in the daily joy and struggle! Jaime, his father, and daughter also stopped by to see them while I was there. I really like how friends just stop by each others houses to visit here, of course they use other modes of communication as well, but personal visits are always nice!
Nayeli and Evelyn have stolen my heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment