“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, June 2, 2014

Take Heart and have peace


Naomi and I!
Office work was the first thing on the agenda this morning, so that is where I began. I didn't feel very productive with my work on the sponsorship program, but I did get to help facilitate baby time with Michael. I was super blessed to spend time with the babies and some of the kids with special needs. It was a blast to spend time walking around and helping the team members take care of the kids. When it started raining we all went inside into the therapy room to play with them. It was incredible to see how well Naomi was doing, she is thriving! She was busy walking, crawling, and playing around with huge personality! It is so fun to see her spunkiness. She has progressed so much from when I was here last year, she was malnourished and in the hospital then, but now she so full of life! I got to spend two hours with the babies and team members and it was great, I couldn't have asked for a better surprise this morning. I ate at the hotel Esmarelda's for the first time ever and it was delicious. Much to my regret after ordering the chicken I saw how great the beef looked, thankfully the waiter messed up my order and I got the beef and I think it was the best beef I have ever been served at a restaurant here! On the way back to Casa we grabbed ice cream at Alexander's and caught a ride back up with the team. It was a crazy ride and we were all sliding down the bench and squishing each other, it was comical. For the remainder of the day I work on art show boards at the school. The students learned about Guayasamin, a famous Ecuadorian artist, earlier this year and constructed a group piece by him. The pictures "puzzle" together to create pieces by Guayasamin, a famous Ecuadorian artist. It was great to feel the power and heat from the sun as I was working on the art boards outside, it was beautiful and extremely warm! Oh, how I have missed the Ecuadorian sun! I played patty-cake and other clapping games with Nayeli and some of the smaller girls after work and they loved it! When the work day was done I walked home from Casa and enjoyed the scenery in this beautiful jungle abyss! I finally got around to shopping around Shell for some good fruit, I have been craving some treats and am pleased to say I found exactly what I was craving. While I was out and about I ran in to Jaime and his daughter, they were riding bike and it was so cute!  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” -John 16:33. Whether we are near or scattered, full of joy or uncertainty, answers or questions, love or hurt the Lord is with us and has gone before us. He knows the daily struggles that are present on this earth, but He has overcome this world and all the imperfections in it. God is far greater that we can imagine, seek Him first! Christy made a traditional Indian meal for us tonight and Cheralyn and I fried up some naan! It was a great time with the short term/single missionaries (Bailey, Cheralyn, Anna, Kelcy, Michael, and two MAF missionaries)! It was nice to learn more about everybody's stories, hear about what the Lord is and has been doing in their lives, and just getting to know them better. At the end of the festivities Kelcy, Cheralyn, and I walked the streets of Shell laughing uncontrollably, crying, sharing some of our resent experiences, and building each other up!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment