“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, June 3, 2014

All I need!

Meet Cristofer, he is the little boy my sister
and I sponsor!!!
I got up extra early this morning to see the Shell sunrise. I walked around town and enjoyed this city for all that it is, I love to soak in my surroundings! I briefly checked out our rooftop view when I returned from my walk and was waiting for others to walk up to Casa de Fe, it is quite the oaisis. I spent the morning working in the office with the other missionaries, I am beyond thankful for the understanding and supportive staff that are in the place! On our way heading to lunch at Chifa China, we got in some good laughs! I got to eat there with the Hayes family, the Beck kids, Cheralyn, and Bailey. I hadn't eaten there since being back and although it wasn't the first place on my places to eat it far surpassed my expectations. After returning from lunch I went up to the school to work on Art Show stuff. I have been specializing in the color wheel room. It has been a ton of fun for me to be helping out with the preperations and escpecially with the colors! I started by outlining the wheel the kids painted the other day, then hung up student's art and outlined the title for them to fill in. After helping up at the school this afternoon I spent time with the littlest kids before walking home. Upon arrival Olivia and Anna were hosting some of there mentor students, Yajaira, Viviana, and Caila. Ther were giving manicures and watching movie, so I joined them to watch the movie! Seeing how the kids thrive in those small groups is priceless, they desire the family dynamics so deeply and they just come alive. When Viviana was done getting her nails painted she came over, gave me a big bear hug and sat close to watch the movie and lean her head on my shoulder! When they left I laid down for a long overdue nap and resting until Cheralyn was ready for a late night supper at Johnny's. Though they were all out of burger supplies by the time we arrives, the order of yucca fries and guyusa tea accompanied by a great friend was all I really needed. I'm thankful for the Lord's seemingly small, yet infinitely important moments here. Days are jam packed and filled with extremes of every kind of emotion at Casa de Fe, and having people to listen, care, and relate with your experiences is invaluable. We sat upstairs enjoying tea and chatting for quite a while, in fact, it was so long they accidently turned off the lights on us. At that point Cheralyn popped up and headed downstairs and I slowly moiseied down there, because I so badly wanted to finish my tea. One of the owners was the one who turned off the lights and she felt so bad, but it was not a big deal, honestly it was hilarious. When I had gotten an appropriate distance away I laughed uncontroallably, it is one of those funny things that would only happen here in Ecuador. I saw a friend on the way home and look forward to getting together with him and his fiancĂ©! There was also a little kitten that we heard, then found crying along the way. The kitten's crying sounded like a person pretending to be a cat at first, but when we actually saw it I knew differently. Strangely enough the kitten's cries reminded me of the Seven Brides for Seven Brothers scene where one of the brothers is pretending to be a cat! Jesus says to the Father, "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.” -John 17:6-8. Who am I and what do I have in this life? I am not talking about what things I have and what can be gained in this world, but rather what have I been given through Christ. I have been given new life, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, hope, strength, and passions. I have been gifted with greatness through Jesus Christ and nothing in this world can take that from me, thank you dear God for the message of your Son and the life given to me in Him. Yes I do have my fair share of things on this earth, but at any moment they can disappear and at all times they are nothing compared to Christ. He is all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment