“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, June 10, 2014

We are Gifted

I woke up to thunderstorm this morning, not the bus, not dogs, not any other nice by the relaxing sound of the thunder and rain! It was great, I was really excited about the storm and went to the window to see if there was lightning along with it. Unfortunately I did not see any for the brief amount of time I watched, so I went back to bed, however, shortly after laying down to go back to bed I was quite certain I saw a flash through my curtains. The storm did pass by the time I went walked up to work, Kelcy and I walked part of the way until we were picked up by another missionary. I got to spend the whole morning sewing! I wouldn't mind doing a whole bunch more of this, I think my grandma would be proud of my work too! Use the gifts God has given you! We all have our specialties, we are one body and have unique skills! I was flattered today by a comment about coming back as a house parent someday. I know it would be a challenge, but I know God works here in incredible ways and maybe someday He will call me back for this purpose. As we were heading out for lunch we sang happy birthday to Cheralyn and ate some cake. You can't go wrong starting lunch with dessert. Tandy and Dwight invited a group of us over for lunch and it was great catching up, laughing, and sharing stories! I left work to go to Super Tias in Puyo with Cheralyn and Christy. I finally made it to Super Tias! After arriving home from Puyo I put my groceries away and somehow took a two hour nap. I was super tired, so it was a much needed nap! When Cheralyn, the birthday girl, and I were ready to head over to Patti Sue's for supper it started torrential raining again, somehow nether of us were prepared with ANY rain gear so we had
Sausti and I!
to improvise. We constructed raincoats with garbage bags and I made a little skirt with a towel so my pants wouldn't get so wet. We were even more preventative by calling a taxi and getting dropped off, let's just say everybody got a kick out of our attire when we arrived. We were stylish to say the least! Supper at Patti Sue's was build your own pizza and there was real pizza sauce, yum! When we were finished eating we watched silly videos and ate ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment